Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My beautiful, yellowing, 14 year-old windscreen is finally starting to split down the middle. I've been looking at different brands on the net and found a few companies that make ones for it.

I'm looking at red or dark smoke. If anyone can take a look at my bike here and tell me which they think'd look good, that'd help. I suck at this kinda stuff.

Anyway, Zero-Gravity, Targa or LP. Which is the best of the 3?:)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Crap...

Maybe just try to cut and paste this in for the pics...

http://photos.msn.ca/viewing/album.aspx?m7A!X9U3q6YzeOp!RYJqTXNLr*3vOF*NKj2rBIDlpEXekfOiBflFbGE9fk4Sxf0RXSP*E9xAVoZHkZw*Dn5mceITpyw*6E63a3Sf47ohyvw$

Stupid MicroSoft...

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AAAAh.

Eeerrrg....

·
Registered
28 Posts
HEY! Cool bike! I had one of those "back in the day." Mine was an '89 if I remember correctly, and it was white with red and blue stripes. Ahh, my first bike. Rode that sucker from Michigan down to the Blue Ridge Parkway, across/up the east coast, and crossed back thru Canada via Watertown, New York -> Toronto -> Port Huron. What fun!

Anyway, to your question. I only have experience with the Zero Gravity screen, and I find it to be a great product. The original screen on my Ducati was woefully low, offering very little wind protection at speed. Massive buffeting on the 'ol noggin. Not much fun. At the suggestion of a friend, I installed the "Sport Touring" screen offered for my bike, and it's a great piece. I don't get wind beating up my head and shoulders up thru 80mph. Very cool! I would have gotten a "Double-Bubble" style if it was offered, this may be a great solution for your bike, if they offer one. I was concerned that the Sport Touring screen may be too high and look goofy, but I think it looks just fine.

I have a double-bubble style screen on order from a UK-based company called PowerBronze. The PB screen for my bike is not commonly sold in the US, so it's being imported. I'm told not to expect the same high-quality optics from the PowerBronze screen, but I want to give the double-bubble style screen a shot.

Here's a pic comparing the stock screen on my bike to the Sport-Touring model. FYI, hope the comments are of some help. For more pics (read: larger) of my bike, click the "WWW" button at the bottom of my post.

{Note: This is a "Light Smoke" screen, the ZeroGravity folks say that the "Dark Smoke" is nearly opaque (meaning you pretty much can't see thru it).}

1 - 5 of 5 Posts