Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 94 ZX9R and I was just wondering if 98+ plastics would fit. Or could they be made to fit?

·
Registered
45 Posts
yeah, I always wondered about certain bikes w/ that...like I always wondered if you could change the plastics on an F4 so it'd look like an F4i, etc.

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
I've owned a 94, 95, and currently own a 98 ZX9R. The plastics would not even come close to fitting and would require a ton of plastic welding to get them to fit.

In 98 there were a TON of changes made to the ZX9R.

Sorry guys.

·
Registered
22 Posts
We are able to import crashed bikes from Japan so i've seen quite a few people doing funny stuff with their bikes instead of just replacing standard body parts. Most use fiberglass replacement stuff and chop that about(both cheaper if you mess up and easier to work with if you are tool challenged) so you can fit most anything if you have the time. I've seen Tillers with GSXR 1K bodywork and ZXR Hs with P style bodywork or VFRs that looks like RC30s (NC30 bodywork).
The only thing is you will most probably never get it as neat as the factory, and you will know of all the bodges you made to make it work.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You can make anything work with time and patience, oh yeah and money. I have seen F2s with 900RR bodywork, a hawk gt with gixxer 6 front, and a 91 gixxer750 with newer gixxer bodywork. I all depends on how good you are with bending the brackets or drilling new holes. Not saying that any of that will hold up in a crash though.
But yes it can be made to work. You might want to also check with any local shops in your area, they might have done some custom work like that already and might have better suggestions.

Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts