Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ex-inlaws got a loan for a bike in canada to save me the 3k or so at a time when our dollar was strong. I made double payments, but I guess they didn't apply the second full payment I had directly taken out of my paycheck each month, because later when My exwife divorced me, and I finally reazlized my payments were still going strong 6 months later, i'd overpaid and stopped them.

When I titled the bike here in the states, I rightfully put my ex-mother-in-law as a lien holder, big mistake. Of course they are saying I didn't pay for the bike, but I did. I've got a bike I can re-register, but not legally sell or trade in.

They threatened (about 4 years ago) to take me to court, and I told them to please do, as the judge will most likely side with me, but i'd follow his orders either way gladly. They of course never did, and now i'm looking at moving to another state. I don't think i'll be able to re-register the bike after that, so basically i'll have a un-usable bike. I'd like to think with all the thieves out there, i'm smarter than any of them, since I am educated (quoting office space here) and should be able to come up with something.

Any ideas are appreciated, I know this sounds shady, but I'm being totally forthcoming.
Thanks, Mike.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Track bike. There's zero reason to report that to anyone unless you like paying taxes and insurance on something that you're not going to be keeping blinging.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Register it to a friends address that stays in that state. You'll just have out of state plates.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's all I could come up with also. As you can see, i've been registered here for quite some time. I'm not really a trash-talker, scumbag or whatever. I just want what's mine to be legally mine. Now to find out if Mid-Ohio has a reasonable number of track days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts