Sportbike World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
mstrand_68 said:
Nice throttle control.

-M-
i agree...hopefully taught him a lesson and he wont do that shit until he has learned the basics at least. i rode with a guy a few years back that had only rode a few months and was already doing wheelies. couldnt corner or brake worth a shit but he thought he was a wheelie guru. he came into a corner a little hot, stood it up and rode straight into an armored car and broke his neck. a wheel chair is all hes gonna be stunting now...;) poor bastard...wish something like this would have totalled his bike before that could have happened. he was a good guy too.

·
Registered
675 Posts
it's much easier to learn at speed 40mph + IMO. You have less balance to worry about the bike wants to ride straight not all weeble-wobbly.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I dont know what hurt more, slamming his Butt onto the ground or having to get up and look at the bike.
Should have tried sitting down and covering the brake, looked like he was on his heals.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Haha....I wouldnt have seen anything wrong if that was a dirtbike....I always did stand up wheelies on my dirtbike...I dont even think mine would have done it sitting down unless i popped the clutch....

Plus I had to push down on the front shocks and use the shock rebound to help shove me upwards lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Watched the video. Didn't look like he was a very stable rider. He started the wheelie before the power band and lost it when it hit the power.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Watched the video. Didn't look like he was a very stable rider. He started the wheelie before the power band and lost it when it hit the power.

·
Registered
153 Posts
honestly if somebody is gonna gonna start wheeling why not buy a cage first?? Seems like this guys 1st and last time trying it for a while. Makes for a great joke later on "Hey Jim remember when you tried your 1st wheelie....":laughing:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts