Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why only 4 bikes in the test why no busa, why no zx6r, why no 929, why no ducks. I can't see why they did the test with 4 bikes. if you are going to do a test do it right. Don't get me wrong i like the R1 and almost bot one but as bike of the year it should have been the gsxr the look, the performance, the price which makes it cheaper on the pocket and the size which makes it cheaper on insurance.... Top secret info, new first run not broken in dyno test show gsxr 1000 with 147 at the rear wheel, 153 with 2000 yosh pipe.

------------------

G

·
Are you sleepwalking bro ?? Cause I get your point , But what test are you talking about ?

Being that you are from Windsor I understand the water is not the best over there, which is why you might be a little delusional ? :p :D (kidding) But welcome aboard anyways ... You might even get to carry on a conversation with some people here just so long as they know what you are talking about! :D :p ;)

------------------
Evil doers beware !

Adam

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
the test is comprised of the winners of the class test done throughout the year.

in this case:
open class (zx9r, r1, 929, et al)

heavy weight (gsxr750 and well no one else makes a realistically price competitive bike in this class)

middle weight (r6, tt600, zx6r, f4, gsxr600)

and heavyweight twins (996, mille, rc51, vtr1000, the tl's)

that's why there is only 4 bikes.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Hey man this IS the Yamaha Forum anyway..
If you want to give props to the Gixxer
than I'd have to say you are in the wrong
forum.

As far as the GSXR 750 goes IMO - I want
torque, not high rpms - speaking ofcourse
for the street. GSXR 750 for the track,
sure.

------------------
I really should be working...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Chris is spot on the money, 95% of all sport bike spend their live on the public thoroughfare, not the race track. Torque always wins out there; that's why cubes make it easier (and cheaper) to obtain more power/go faster.

The test in SR was gleaned from the previous winners in each catagory. Then pit them against one another; remember last year the R6 won on the strenghts of its handling. SR was looking for the best streetbike, period.

I believe most would agree that the GSX-R, makes a better track weapon. Really no loosers in the bunch, that is if you can keep your own ego in check.

(Naturally, they used the faster blue R1.)

Cheers

------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts