Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
it's relaxing and clears my head and makes me enjoy life and forget about all the bullshit it comes with :cool:

E.

·
Registered
159 Posts
DreamRyder said:
it's relaxing and clears my head and makes me enjoy life and forget about all the bullshit it comes with :cool:

E.
Great answer. I find riding to be a form of meditation. By focusing on safe riding, watching for others, and being in tune with the machine, everything else in life falls into the background.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I like the mean looks I get from cagers who don't understand the lifestyle or who want to ride but don't have the balls to try :twofinger

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
I love the feel of the wind blowing through my nipple rings.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I love it. I feel free when I'm ridding except in traffic. Best of all I can't smoke when I'm out on the bike.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I do it to get girls! Yeah the chicks love it!

Er, actually never mind.

Love being on two wheels. Love everything about my bike and and riding. Love it, love it. And it isn't dangerous if you ride as if everyone out there wants to kill you. Especially here in Arizona! You gotta be paranoid, even in your cages!

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Becouse coming out of a fast corner is a religious expirience.
Also there are probly safer ways to achieve nirvana.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have always loved anything with 2 wheels. I started racing bmx and fixing up junked out old mopeds and honda 70's when i was 10. I did the bmx thing all the way up until i moved away for college.

Up at school i was broke as a joke on the ramen noodle diet, so that put an end to my MC dreams for a while.

I am glad that it took this long though, with my teen invincibility complex long behind me its time to work on both riding skills and traffic awareness at the same time and use a little better judgement.

I only have about 600 miles on serious roads so far but i like it better everytime i go out.

Every time i walk out in the garage now i look at my bike and something strange happens in my brain, my palms get a little sweaty and I get this cheezy ass smile on my face, in fact i am glad i am alone when this happens, I probably look like a freak:D

To sum it all up I ride because its just friggin sweet! Theres not a god damn thing in the world that could replace that feeling as far as i am concerned.

I think i am going to be single for longer than I planned, lets leave it at that :twofinger

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
I love to ride because I can and it pisses off the neighbors when I warm up the bike early in the morning! :p :D

I think it is more a sense of freedom. Not having to listen to anyhting but the wind and the hum of the engine. Yeah, it is a dangerous sport, but without danger, there would be no fun in it!

For me it lets me clear my head about school, relationship etc etc etc. You have no choice but to only think about the road in front of you. All other problems seem to go away.

:2cents:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Freedom and power, riding is a thrill. There are many ways to get a rush, and some are more dangerous than being on a m/c. Now if I can only save up enough to get one. :loser:

·
Registered
427 Posts
It's the since of freedom. For me when I'm riding I'm not thinking about lifes bullsh!t, my cell phone isn't ringing, at least that I can hear, and most of all nobodies b!tching.:twofinger

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
So many reasons & some good ones up above that I go along with as well.

My neighbors probably look at me & say "There goes that stupid fool AGAIN on his m/c instead of mowing his lawn or working of the plants".

I know that I am doing something that over 75% of fellow Cdns CANNOT DO be it due to cost or simply something that frightens the 'ell out of them at the very thought. I have this little guy inside of me that stands up & pounds his chest like a ruddy ape.

Riding is the closest thing to flying, in how we take the twisties or bends, & how we handle the bikes. My mind is TOTALLY on the road, the traffic, & such. I do not think of something ahead bar where might be my turn-around point & often that is not even in mind AND I do not think of something back home or anything of the past ------ I am simply in 110% concentration of how I ride at the time.

Thing is legally I have been doing this since 1946 & not a thing has changed for IT is the same feeling.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think somebody said this already... but riding is like flying.

You guys remember that scene from X-Men with Wolverine grinning like a motherfucker after taking off on the bike?

I have a moment like that just about every time I ride

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
Ichiro said:

You guys remember that scene from X-Men with Wolverine grinning like a motherfucker after taking off on the bike?

I have a moment like that just about every time I ride
that was my most favorite part of the movie :D cause I could relate ... not to mention he looked so damn sexy :drool: I get that surge of pleasure at the dragstrip when I rip the throttle wide open and my ass slides to the back of the seat :p

E.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts