Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ever hear of a bike called Buell? Home grown V twin sportbike. And if some of you don't think a Buell counts as a sportbike, 101 HP and some 90 foot pounds, it's more of a sportbike than my FZR. It might be a bit heavy at 440 lb, but it's only 16 pounds more than the superhawk.
Rock on
Ride on

Fizzman

------------------
Mu toys,

84VF500F (RIP)
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RX
Yamaha acoustic
JB player acoustic

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
You're right Fizzman but I have to revert back to Rug Burn about parts falling off. ;) Oh! Sorry that's Yamahas. :p :D

You're right Fizzman. :)

------------------
Ride Hard!

John

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RUG BURN:
Because, parts falling off a motorcycle at 170MPH is just too F**king dangerous. :)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL!! Sadly, you're right Clark.

To answer your question I will use my recent cage experience as an analogy. I had a Toyota 4Runner for 3 years. It was used as a commuter, tow vehicle and sometimes for moderate off roading. The 4Runner NEVER had one single problem ever. No squeeks, rattles, broken thingamabobs -Nothing. When I got rid of it, it had about 45k on it. Great truck.

I just got a 2000 Chevy Tahoe. It has been in the shop 3 times within 3000 miles. ~It wouldnt shift out of second gear, the speedo broke, the anti-lock breaks activated at the slightest touch of the peddle and they finally replaced the brain. It squeeks from the tailgate latch and the dash squeeks.

THERE is your answer.

RIDE RED!

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]

·
Registered
178 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RCjohn:
I have to revert back to Rug Burn about parts falling off. ;) Oh! Sorry that's Yamahas. :p :D
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

and the sad fact is that I knew that and still got one, and what do ya know, it's in the shop now :)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
You're right Fizzman. :)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
My god, I'm going to frame that and sent it to my girl, cuz with her, I'm never right :D

Ride on
Rock on

Fizzman

------------------
Mu toys,

84VF500F (RIP)
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RX
Yamaha acoustic
JB player acoustic

·
Registered
503 Posts
what about the tuleris thing? that polaris powered superbike that spanked r1's on a race track.. best hp/weight ratio out there.. if i remember right (correct me if im wrong) but it is going to be produced.

------------------

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
The Tularis is awesome, but The tree-huggers won't even let 80cc two strokes on the streets, let alone 700cc monsters. You're about as likely to see a Tularis tooling down the road as a Britten, Norton Nemesis, or Turbine bike. There should be plenty of donor Polaris motors available soon though, once said tree-huggers ban them from all bodies of water.

------------------
'98 Superhawk

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Buells are cool, hopefully they'll work out the quality problems. You'd think with all of the $$$ Harley has now they could put a sportbike together, especially now that the twins are in vogue. But look at the VR1000 racer; exactly how many years do you need to make the thing competitive?

The Tularis is cool. All that power in such an itty bitty package.

The Britten was also sweet; too bad John Britten had to pass.

Another cool bike is the dirt-tracker the guy put a TL1000 motor in...

------------------
"Ray, when someone asks you if you are a god, you say YES!!!"

·
Registered
938 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by riverrunner_2000:

I just got a 2000 Chevy Tahoe. It has been in the shop 3 times within 3000 miles. ~It wouldnt shift out of second gear, the speedo broke, the anti-lock breaks activated at the slightest touch of the peddle and they finally replaced the brain. It squeeks from the tailgate latch and the dash squeeks.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm, it seems to me that there was a Ford vs. Chevy question posted a while back and someone mentioned going with the Tundra. I wonder who that was? ;) :D

------------------
http://gsxr750.sportbikeworld.com -Almost finished!
Formerly known as GSXR750

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
tuleris is awesome, damn hippies (and gore). there are lots of one-off (or so) american made sortbikes, like the guy who made a tz500 by merging two yz250 motors, cool.

anyway, give buell some credit, they did recall bikes to update them. who does that? think about the chances of honda recalling all the hurricane 600's and 91-3 f2's to give them a real rear shock. or hell even to give them a cam chain tensioner that doesn't go south. at suzu...err buell admits they can make a mistake.

and if you think buells are slow, get on the track with them. it's amasing the way a real rider can make up for a lack of bodywork. it's even sadder when that real rider is twice your age :( and yes the fizzer got spanked by a buell.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

S

·
0 Posts
THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT!
ITS THE TORQUE BABY!!!!

The M2 is one of my favorite bikes, When I think of Buell's, I think .. American Ducati.
Yes they are Sportbikes, maybe not Supersport but close..

just my .02

------------------
Allow myself to introduce myself -- Austin Powers

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Plus there's a little more exclusivity with a Buell. I'd like to have one, but probably not as my only bike. :cool:

------------------
"Ray, when someone asks you if you are a god, you say YES!!!"

·
Registered
275 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Squidwannabe:
THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT!
ITS THE TORQUE BABY!!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Displacement huh?
Does the addage "Nothing beats cubic inches except rectangular dollars" come to mind. Size doesn't always matter, just ask anyone riding a Ducati, j/k kidding guys! And I'm sorry but Buell, PA'LEASE give me a break. What a major let down.

------------------
RLJ3RD
"The only thing worse than regret is not trying"

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Squidwannabe:
When I think of Buell's, I think .. American Ducati.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What a coincidence! When I think of Laverda's, I think...Italian Buell! :D

------------------
-Paul
You're slow, and your mother dresses you funny.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 748_abuser:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's a good one.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

S

·
0 Posts
Sorry 748_abuser,

I think you are a little backwards! :rolleyes:
------------------
Allow myself to introduce myself -- Austin Powers

[This message has been edited by Squidwannabe (edited July 13, 2000).]

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I1aCBR:
Hmmm, it seems to me that there was a Ford vs. Chevy question posted a while back and someone mentioned going with the Tundra. I wonder who that was? ;) :D

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know, I know! Should have got the Toyota, but there was such a sweet deal on this stupid Chevy that I could'nt pass it up.

Translation: My wife wanted a suv. :(

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]

P

·
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by riverrunner_2000:

Translation: My wife wanted a suv. :(

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't blame her, Vortec Boy, you know you wanted the manly man's vehicle, or else ou would have gotten a Land Cruiser. :D

------------------
Pete
"Ultimately, most problems can be solved by applying a large brick to the correct skull. Difficulties arise when you don't have a brick or can't find the the right skull. The Devil is always in the details."

P

·
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 748_abuser:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here's the coincidence: When I think of Paul, I think...Italian Dipshit!

------------------
Pete
"Ultimately, most problems can be solved by applying a large brick to the correct skull. Difficulties arise when you don't have a brick or can't find the the right skull. The Devil is always in the details."

1 - 20 of 27 Posts