Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Of course the fuckin retard who was driving the car doesn't even bother getting out to check on the rider or anything..

but anyway, there was a discussion about this on another forum I go to... except I can't find the thread now.

·
Some days are like this.
3,132 Posts
From just black and white, the driver of the car violated the motorcycles right of way by turning in front of it.

Since we don't know the speed limit on the road, there is no way to know if the rider was exceeding it.

Does anybody know what happened to the rider?

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
I have seen this before on several other m/c boards & some of the footage on this one is not there. It is the part of where the cage driver slowed down making the left turn into the fuel station & then the footage of the bike simply screaming along, the hit, along with the rider throwen well past the car, the people at the station in shock & one running out to wherever the rider is well beyond the camera footage of the rear of the bike.

On the other boards we all said it would be nice to pin it on the cage drive, bur WE all agreed it was due to the fast speed of the m/c & not the slightest bit of indication of the rider even trying to stop

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
well it looks like the cage driver hesitated too. Making a turn then halfway (more like 3/4 way) slowed down after they saw the bike. Their judgment was wrong. By the looks of it, I'd say that road is a suburban 55mph road.

Also, if you go full screen, you can clearly see that the rider tried to avoid the car by going from the middle to the right of the lane at the last second.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
If this works then you will see the difference in the one Vash picked up & why I say "missing footage". Also you can see at said speed (well above the speed limit in town) the driver of the cage could have been possibly injured or simply in shock, for not the gas attendent actually ran out to speak to the driver while a customer, was runing down to see about the m/cist that was throwen so far, which also shows you when you hit a car that hard & at that speed you will go some distance & good chance the cage driver could have been hurt.

Also note the number of cages on the right side that continued on. Not like one in Vash's short version.

Hope it works.
http://media1.triplekiss.com/mature/Video_420445331837840947.wmv

·
Registered
183 Posts
Bike was going way to fast. You can tell when a car wants to slow and make a left turn, its rediculous not to adjust your speed at all when you see the car in this mode and get ready for an emergency stop.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
yes, but that road is straight. Sometimes you can't judge stuff correctly when its coming directly at you. Same goes for cars. Usually when a car makes a turn, it would actually make a significant slow down to a rolling stop(like 2mph) then turn. That driver just slowed down then rolled into the turn and it just seems like the driver just went into the other lane then actually turned into the gas station. Also the driver was already going slow so he was preparing to make a turn and he should have reconized the oncoming bike and waited.

You could also account if the rider had the sun in his eyes as it was 11am (sun at about 2 o'clock position from the rider). If the car also didn't have its blinkers on then the rider could have misjudge where the car was going. perhaps the bike was going fast, but it shows you that most drivers aren't prepared or educated on bikes. Just need a game plan when shit like that happens. If someone pulled out in front of me like that, I would act fast, break a bit and try to go around the back side, but plans never go the way you think anyhow. I'd prolly end up locking the rear break, fish tail and hit the side of the car.

When your riding on a road, I was told that when you see cars waiting to make a turn, you should slow down a bit cause they may cut you off and go back and forth in your lane. Moving around will get you spotted better.

·
Registered
376 Posts
JBAz

I agree with all that. A left turn in front of you is the most dangerous situation. I usually slow when I see a possibility of a car left-turning in front of me, then flash my brights on and off if necessary.

·
Registered
515 Posts
i see that scene again and it still pisses me off the first couple of cars pass by that accident... i'd like to believe that there were already a bunch of people out of the camera's view who have already stopped to make sure that rider is ok... speaking of which, does anyone know what happened to the rider?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
The bike wasn't going any more than 35 - 40 at the time of impact, if that fast. The problem was that he was hard on his brakes before he even came into view so he was going much faster originally.

The car just floated his happy ass in the way, but there's a lesson here - doesn't matter who's at fault, if you hit a car, you'll still be hurt. Best to assume you're responsible for everything that happens to you on the road, including leaving yourself a way to avoid people who can't drive.

In the riders' defense, it's very difficult to avoid someone who turns left or U-turns in front of you. That's where judgement supercedes skill. Nothing wrong with slowing down sometimes, you can always speed back up....

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
ESanders2 said:
JBAz

I agree with all that. A left turn in front of you is the most dangerous situation. I usually slow when I see a possibility of a car left-turning in front of me, then flash my brights on and off if necessary.
I hope you don't flash your brights then keep going.. usually that means "go ahead."

·
Registered
310 Posts
Lost Nomad said:
i see that scene again and it still pisses me off the first couple of cars pass by that accident... i'd like to believe that there were already a bunch of people out of the camera's view who have already stopped to make sure that rider is ok... speaking of which, does anyone know what happened to the rider?
It looked like the rider was wearing leathers, helmet, gloves, etc. After a quick cartwheel, he looked like he was going to land on his back or shoulders. Can't see what obstacles he might have hit like a bus stop bench or light pole. My feeling is he more or less walked away from this, I hope.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
and no blinker on the car to add to the tragedy. I see people do that all the time, and I just want to drag them out of their cars and skull fuck em. Damn it, that lever is there for a fucking reason.

Assuming the rider was going anywhere close to the speed limit (which there is no way to tell), it would be cars fault, however the rider wasnt being very defensive. Of course if he seriously exceeded the speed limit, there is no way the driver could've seen him in time to yield. But the blinker would not have hurt.

·
Registered
183 Posts
To clarify my point, the car was at fault, but the bike should of controlled the situation. Assume every car is going to turn in front of you. Sure sometimes the cagers are totally clueless and you dont stand much of a chance, but I really think in this sitaution the bike had plenty of time to anticipate something bad happening way before it did.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts