Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone here been cought speeding? What happened when you went to court with a crimal ticket ( stupid term ). How much was your fine? 96mph on the 101 heading East. I was riding along and out of the blue sky he appeared and pulled behind me. He wasn't rude or anything and I was nice to him but still got the ticket. I think only cause his son was in the car with him. Im not pissed or anything just wasnt fare. I was in control, no traffic, and I was doing the average 90mph driving. :D

·
Registered
183 Posts
We play,...

...we pay. I've yet to be pulled over on my bike. Now, in a car, that's a different story. Your most likely going to take it deep. So be prepared to pay the fine. What part of PR you from?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Me

I got caught doing 140 (thats kms/hour yankee's!) in a 90 zone. I wasn't paying attention (usually I slow down when I see a white car way ahead) I blew him off right away but when I caught up to my cousin who was driving my truck I had to slow down because he is from Germany and we were going camping I would have ruined his trip if I kept going. The cop showed up about 4 minutes later, I just pulled over, he didn't put his lights on. I pretended I didn't know he was after me, but he knew I blew him off.
He asked how fast I was going, I have this thing about lying and I told him the truth. I said about 140, he said well I got you on radar for 129 which is him giving me a break because anything over that is not a fine it's a court case. He asked me how my record was I told him it was good, he checked and came back he said I will drop it to 115, $265 fine and 4 points. Gave me a lecture about moose and how dangerous it was what would I do if this that, you should keep it under 100 blah blah.
All summer my friend with his GSXR and I were driving this great twisty road real fast, and we blew them off about 4 times. I know I will get shit from people here about that, but if you stop after getting tagged for 160, you loose your license for 6 months, and I didn't buy a new bike to look at it in the yard. It's a road in the middle of nowhere, you might see one car the whole time if your lucky. So I guess considering the amount of riding we did on that road, I did OK. Like the guys says, "You play you pay"

·
Registered
76 Posts
I was doing 110 on the 101 heading east in Glendale, and I past an unmarked light blue DPS Sergeant. as soon as he got behind me I got off the throttle and got off at the nearest exit. he stopped me and started asking all these questions. come to find out he is an ex-motor officer, and he started BSing about bikes, well he clocked me at 95, well he wrote down on the ticket I was doing 85+ in a 55. Criminal speeding in Glendale he should have taken me to jail but he didn't and he let me go. when I went to court I had the option of going to driving school and it was never on my record. I'm not sure how much the ticket was but driving school was only $85.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all your good comments. Hey GrCh35 I'm from San Juan, PR moved to Chicago a few years back and now live in Chandler. I was expecting people to be rude and start shit like they themselves never speed. I guess we play we pay is right. The sad part is that I wasn't even playing. I was crusing towards my friends house. I hope the fine doesn't come to the $400 mark. I like the $200 range better. ARG! why do most of the peple that talk about riders see us as criminals. In all my years I have never gotten that impression from all the people I have met. Yet in all the movies we are seen as criminals. Is anyone planning anything to see the movie "Biker Boyz" tonight or this weekend? It would be nice to have a bunch of riders show up somewhere.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Shit happens. Don't even worry about people bro. Let them think what they want. These bikes bandle so well we have to keep an eye on the speedo. Many times I have cought myself going 90+, not on purpose either, you just can't feel the road. Good luck with the out come. Hopefully they'll give you the oppion of school. If they do, your in. I might go check out the movie today.
I was born in Jersey man, my mother is from Dorado and my father is from Las Piedras. I lived in Dorado from 83 to 90. Moved down here in 90.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey GrCh35 are you riding this weekend? I'm riding with a buddy after work today. Let me know... Born and raised in Puerta de Tierra, San Juan. I havent been back there in three years but I kinda miss not being able to surf outhere.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
re: speeding

come to think of it. i've never been caught on a bike, but i've been busted WAY too many times in a car. i've actually gone to jail for speeding. on a bike, i got pulled over and i asked him why he pulled me over. he said that i was flashing other cars to move out of my way in the fast lane. i laughed and told him that no, but i understand why he said that: sportbikes have a much tighter suspension than a car and when we hit an expansion joint or a crack, the headlights appear to be flashing, but it's just the bike bouncing. he then realized that i was right but more importantly that i was being very cool with him and he let me go. now if he had caught me a half mile back...!!:twofinger

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have been pulled over back in Chicago four times and they let me go all four times. This time here in Mesa I was so cool with him. We even walked to his car and he explained to me on how the computer worked and how he was able to track me. But the first thing he said was...."ever been to jail?" I kinda wanted to laught @ the macho attitude. Im sure his son in the passenger seat was proud of his daddy.

·
Registered
183 Posts
TLR75 said:
Hey GrCh35 are you riding this weekend? I'm riding with a buddy after work today. Let me know... Born and raised in Puerta de Tierra, San Juan. I havent been back there in three years but I kinda miss not being able to surf outhere.
I wish I was riding this weekend, but to busy. I haven't been back to PR since I moved here in 1990. The surfing was nice huh? You ever been up to Kikkita Beach? I did some boogie boarding, nothing big, my thing was skateboarding.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Never been to Kikkita Beach. But next time I fly to Florida to see my brother in West Palm i will pay a visit to the beach. If you do go riding then let me know. The more the better eh! Just dont be the last one.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I've been busted in my car three times for speeding, let off once. On the bike, i was pulled over ONCE doing in excess of 100mph. The officer let me off and i haven't gone over the speed limit for at least 6 months now (since he pulled me over). I was really scared that i would lose my motorcycle when the cop stopped me.

-=bmacd=-

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeap!

I feel the same way man. When Im on my bike these days I take it easy. I should have gotten a break... I think he was showing off to his kid that was with him on his squad car

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Speed Story

I was going to meet some friends at Applebees on Bell, and I got on I-17 around cactus. I was allready running late, and had to go to Yorkshire go to the bank and the cell store first. So I got on the freeway looked around opened the busa up to about 170 mph looking around. Didn't see any cops then I get to bell rd and see a reflection of cherries. So I pull over, and get off my bike I'm thinking im done. there was two bikes and a cop car behind me. I didn't see any of them the cop said he had just called the chopper. I told him I didnt see him. He asked me how fast I was going I said frantically lol I dont know maybe 75 mph. he laughed and said he was going 115 and i was blowing away from him. He sent the cop car off so i knew i wasnt going to jail. Then he ran my info came back clean. looked over the bike, and said oh yeah you would have out ran us. And sent me on my way. No ticket. I think he knew if he wrote me up for the 175 he clocked me at I would have been screwed. That guy was cool lol

·
Registered
183 Posts
Re: My Speed Story

CopsBehindUs said:
I was going to meet some friends at Applebees on Bell, and I got on I-17 around cactus. I was allready running late, and had to go to Yorkshire go to the bank and the cell store first. So I got on the freeway looked around opened the busa up to about 170 mph looking around. Didn't see any cops then I get to bell rd and see a reflection of cherries. So I pull over, and get off my bike I'm thinking im done. there was two bikes and a cop car behind me. I didn't see any of them the cop said he had just called the chopper. I told him I didnt see him. He asked me how fast I was going I said frantically lol I dont know maybe 75 mph. he laughed and said he was going 115 and i was blowing away from him. He sent the cop car off so i knew i wasnt going to jail. Then he ran my info came back clean. looked over the bike, and said oh yeah you would have out ran us. And sent me on my way. No ticket. I think he knew if he wrote me up for the 175 he clocked me at I would have been screwed. That guy was cool lol
Your one lucky motherfucker man. Got to shake your hand if we ever meet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got caught at 3am once riding with a buddy of mine. I was having trouble with the bike and I thought a good dose of hard revs might clear it up.
So I wound her out to about 220km/h on a main city street (empty street at that time of day) and we passed 2 cruisers in a graveyard driveway. I didn't see them, but my buddy did. Unfortunately I didn't see him either, trying to warn me when he passed me and turned off.
So I turned off to follow him and had no idea where he was going or why. Then he made another quick unexpected turn and lost me. I pulled into a parking lot to turn around and the cop pulled in behind me.
Luckily he didn't have me clocked. So he gave me a ticket for 100km/h in 60km/h zone. He said that's how fast he was going while trying to catch me until he turned off behind us. And he felt like he was standing still and figured I was "doing at least 160".:eek: But he could only give me a ticket for his max speed.
$243 fine at the time. Could have been MUCH worse.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Good one CopsBehindUs...

Good one CopsBehindUs. I used to get breaks in Chicago all the time. But here in Phoenix I have never gotten a break. I think you should have gotten a break Elwood_b. There is no way that ticket could have held in court. His estimating of your speed is simply not good enought for us here in the USA. That's why CopsBehindUs didn't get a ticket.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts