Sportbike World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Biker Power? Hell I'd be pissed off too if my friend's body parts were all over the road because some idiot cop pulled out in front him while he was doing a wheelie.

Wonder if that's real though....

Jen

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Some people are commenting about it. Here's what they are saying:

~Serves em right for being out on a public road screwing around.

~Rite, you keep them rides off the street, gotta go somewere else wit it!

~They should'nt of been pis*ing about on the roads in the first place, although a don't like the police much they did'nt deserve that!!!!

I don't know what pisses me off more...the stupid cop or these comments. :finger: I saw another picture that the original poster attached and it looks like the guy's throat was cut (hence the blood on the street) but he survived.

Jen

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i took it as the cop doing it on purpose to stop him....either way i gotta believe that his 20/20 hindsight says "let him go by first"....lol

·
Registered
434 Posts
Dood, for whatever reason the cop pulled out, he was completly out in the street by the time the bike got close to him, the bike was doing well over 100mph, and this is the cops bike how?

I figure the cop saw the bikes way down the street, pulled out, maybe to stop them for riding crazy, after he pulled out he noticed that one of the bikes is heading for him like a bullet, the guy on the bike is doing a wheelie, prob didn't see the cop pull out, by the time both or them realized what was going on it was to late.

But taking it out on the cop's car like that, i hope that they all were ID'd and arrested for that stupid shit.

What you have to understand is that is the cops JOB, he was trying to control an already dangerous situation, and shit went bad, BECAUSE OF THE BIKE!

I ride and have for several years, but I know how to take responsebility for my actions, if i screw around on my bike, i am prepared to accept the consequences.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
OH BS. You can hear the cops tires as he pulls out...the guy was already IN the wheelie. Do you think it was WISE of him to stop a bike with a car?? The guy was in a wheelie and the cop PULLED OUT in front of him. The cop could have waited...could have put his lights on...could have done so many other things. Yeah, real smart to stop a bike with a car.:finger: I still say the cop was an idiot.

Jen

·
Registered
50 Posts
i see both of your guys sides, but neither is correct. It is a combination of both. You cannot fault one party for such an incident.

1. the guy on a bike is an idiot. There is a time and place and that was definetly a crowded major road, or it appears to be. There is a risk in stunting on roads like that and he was well aware of them before he even thought about bringing her up on one.

2. The cop is an idiot also. There is no way 1 patrol car can stop such an aggressive crowd. He should have radiod and got help. I believe he was aware of what he was doing and intentially pulled out in front of the bike.

Hopefully both the LEO and the out of control biker have learned their lessons.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Sure he pulled out in front of him, but if he was not doin 100mph wheelies, he could have stopped, not saying the cop was right, but the biker was more in the wrong than the cop.

Act like an idiot, and shit like that happens.

Hell i act like an idiot on streets sometimes, but if i fuck up, i don't blame others. Its like saying its a cops fault someone dies from wrecking while running from the cops, ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

Grow up people

·
Registered
609 Posts
Uhh...why the f$ck are they all lined up on the street watching while a cop is waiting on the other side? Seems like they'll all boneheads.

I'd be more concerned with my friend who crashed rather than kicking the rear panel of a f'n car. You want to try to be a tough guy try going after the cop.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I'd be more concerned with my friend who crashed rather than kicking the rear panel of a f'n car. You want to try to be a tough guy try going after the cop.
+1

Those guys are not to bright.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I've seen cops try to kill people on motorcycles or at least try to make them crash, so the cop should burn for causing the accident, he had a fu*king radio all he had to do was call for a helicopter and stop the nucklehead up the road a bit.:2cents:

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
izzybo69 said:
What you have to understand is that is the cops JOB, he was trying to control an already dangerous situation, and shit went bad, BECAUSE OF THE BIKE!

I ride and have for several years, but I know how to take responsebility for my actions, if i screw around on my bike, i am prepared to accept the consequences.
The cop's job is to make sure people are safe and obeying the law on the street. You can hear the point the cop pulls out from his tires on the tape...MAYBE when the bike is about 500 feet away on one wheel. 100mph is about 150 feet per second. That gives him about 3 seconds to put the front wheel down and slow to a stop. Maybe valentino rossi, but not the show off kid in this video. If you ask yourself if you were the cop, does this seem REASONABLE for me to do? I don't think it does. I think it's obvious that this cop was careless. You don't try and control a situation where you have 30 bikers watching someone pull up a wheelie by pulling out in front of them almost killing a guy. Put your lights on, blip the siren, something. But this guy didn't even have his headlights on let alone anything else, and made an effort to pullout and stop in the street in the guy's lane. This cop is as reckless as the kid was. What's this cops next mistake shooting a guy because his ham sandwich looked suspicious? And about being prepared to accept the concequences...that's all fine. But if you pulled up a wheelie next to me and I kicked you and your bike off the road with my foot, I doubt you'll be talking about how much you deserved it for screwing around. This cop didn't accidently pull out in front of that guy.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have watched that video several times, and i don't think that was the cop squealing his tires, he only moved about 10 ft from where he was parked, and was barely moving, he was not even fully into the first lane yet, if the cop looked befor pulling out, the bike was about 600 to 800 ft away when he pulled out, if the bike was not doing tripple digits, he would never have gotten close.

Now this is what i observed, i really don't think the cops said, hey i'm gonna pull out and try to kill this guy. But he may have, but not the way i see it.

·
Registered
577 Posts
izzybo69 said:
I have watched that video several times, and i don't think that was the cop squealing his tires, he only moved about 10 ft from where he was parked, and was barely moving, he was not even fully into the first lane yet, if the cop looked befor pulling out, the bike was about 600 to 800 ft away when he pulled out, if the bike was not doing tripple digits, he would never have gotten close.

Now this is what i observed, i really don't think the cops said, hey i'm gonna pull out and try to kill this guy. But he may have, but not the way i see it.
well, only the cop knows what his intent was, but from experiance i can tell you the police will try to run you down if you're being stupid on a motorcycle, and somtime even if you're just riding along minding your own business.
Positons of power or authority attract people with pathological personalitys, and some phychopaths get through the application process, there are miles of vidio to prove it.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
If you ask yourself if you were the cop, does this seem REASONABLE for me to do? I don't think it does. I think it's obvious that this cop was careless. You don't try and control a situation where you have 30 bikers watching someone pull up a wheelie by pulling out in front of them almost killing a guy.
...i can tell you the police will try to run you down if you're being stupid on a motorcycle, and somtime even if you're just riding along minding your own business.

+1

I have seen first hand a cop hit someone off their bike out on Clay Ave....or McNichols...one of those. The guy got back on the bike, the cop went after the guy again and the guy fell, got up and took off again. It was about 6 years ago. I can see that being more justified because the guy was trying to run through a police barricade. But, I can't see pulling in front of a biker (who's only doing a wheelie) and trying to stop him with a car. That's just insane and excessive.

Jen

·
Registered
577 Posts
kawigirl_636 said:
+1

I have seen first hand a cop hit someone off their bike out on Clay Ave....or McNichols...one of those. The guy got back on the bike, the cop went after the guy again and the guy fell, got up and took off again. It was about 6 years ago. I can see that being more justified because the guy was trying to run through a police barricade. But, I can't see pulling in front of a biker (who's only doing a wheelie) and trying to stop him with a car. That's just insane and excessive.

Jen
:confused: How can a cop justify hitting someone on a motorcycle with his car? Police aren't trained to use their vehicles as deadly weapons, if he's going to hit him with the car why not shoot him? Police don't run people down with their cars if the person who is running is on foot.
Could it be the cop couldn't justify shooting him? All he was doing was running. :confused:

Could it be that the guy on the motorcycle was in fear for his life?

I would be afraid for my life if some phycho was running into me with his car; and I would run if a cop was trying to hit me with his car.

Maybe we are too tolerant of the police abusing their authority. :2cents:

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Fatman said:
:confused: How can a cop justify hitting someone on a motorcycle with his car? Police aren't trained to use their vehicles as deadly weapons, if he's going to hit him with the car why not shoot him? Police don't run people down with their cars if the person who is running is on foot.
Could it be the cop couldn't justify shooting him? All he was doing was running. :confused:

Could it be that the guy on the motorcycle was in fear for his life?

I would be afraid for my life if some phycho was running into me with his car; and I would run if a cop was trying to hit me with his car.

Maybe we are too tolerant of the police abusing their authority. :2cents:
Wait, let me clairify!! He didn't hit the guy with his car. The cops were out of the car, the guy tried to run (because they blocked a bunch of us in to give us tickets). That's when the cop came up and whacked him with his club. I didn't mean to confuse ya.

Jen

1 - 17 of 17 Posts