Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So get this...I was going for a nice afternoon ride today on some wide open country highway. I was going pretty fast then decided to pull her back a bit and bring her down around the speedlimit. As I slowed down I untucked abruptly and brought my head up. As luck would have it, my visor suddenly ripped off my helmet throwing my head back like I was kicked in the forhead really hard. I just yelled WHOOAA!! And the girls in the car next to me just laughed. It must have looked really funny...but it sucked. My visor was CLOSED, mind you. One of places where it connects to the helmet that was giving me problems before must have snapped and ripped the other right off.

So embarassing....

·
Registered
126 Posts
I got hit in the eye with a marshmellow this weekend... i looked like a loser and everyone laughed. later that night i bagged myself one of the girls

you need to take notes from me.. totally could have pulled offthe wind visor incident and allude to some sexual situation..

losers like you make me look cool

lol jk, at least you didnt fall off your bike because then she would have not been laughing lol

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Yikes, visor ripped off? I had the unfortunate circumstance, last Thursday, of watching a large bug make a bee-line for the only 1" radius open skin right above where my jacket zips up to. I initially ignored it, figuring it'd just be another splotch on the gear, but dang it hurt! At least there was no embarrassment involved ;)

·
Registered
352 Posts
every once in a while my visor flys up open from closed, i think its cause my helmet is old and i need a new one, my buddies new helmet and new helmets ive been lookin at the local shop, the visors are very tight and a better locked feeling to them, mine is all crappy old and loose. maybe the same problem?

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Xx954HxCafexX said:
every once in a while my visor flys up open from closed, i think its cause my helmet is old and i need a new one...
"Every once in a while..."??? :eek:

Mate, one such incident would be enough to send me running to the nearest shop for a new helmet.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Xx954HxCafexX said:
yea i know, i need to get sponsered.:)
Gotta get educated for that. Cause everyone knows, that without good education you might get stuck there, with er.. a bad helmet.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
A helmet is only good for about six years at the most------by that I mean some of the better ones & only if well taken care of.

My head fits a Shoei so next you purchase go for one of good quality but of correct head shape. I can leave he visor open one notch & still keep on checking traffic behind & never worry about it ripping fully open or even up a notch & this is at anything from 60 to 150mph!!!!!!!!!! Though that is only required on HOT days like it was to-day for close to 100F is hot to us, as is 85F now 75F is as hot as we want it. Reason I will take off riding at 7:00am in the morning & just got back around 20 minutes ago--being around 2:15pm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts