Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I had sent out an on-board footage by Biaggi around Sepang to your email addrs. Anyone rec'vd it? SBR members?

The lines he take are....impressive,..and the speeds he enters and exits the turns are amazing.

But then again,...his bike is lighter,.faster,..newer, better, costlier,..and his bollocks are solid steel, mine are like marshmallows.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
File too big....

:confused:

I sent the file to both Legd and Wolvr, but returned mail confirms file size too big.

Size of file is >5mb,.and when zipped,.is 4.3mb.

What to do?....it is a wmv file.

:hurl: :crying:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The attachment sent..

Hi all,..

It still appears that the file is still too large,.and Nils mailbox rejected it. However, Legd Bald got it. File is zipped too.

Being a .wmv file,.I wonder if a link can be posted for you guys to watch it.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
wow !!

mate ... lads .. it's got the speed he's doing through the turns, and the gears he's in .... and in a word .. wow !!!

biggest surprise .... the acceleration and speed he gets between turns 12 and 13 .. YES .. between the fast left down hill and the right turn (before the next right onto the back straight ) !!

Cheers bro !!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: wow !!

Legend said:
mate ... lads .. it's got the speed he's doing through the turns, and the gears he's in .... and in a word .. wow !!!

biggest surprise .... the acceleration and speed he gets between turns 12 and 13 .. YES .. between the fast left down hill and the right turn (before the next right onto the back straight ) !!

Cheers bro !!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Much obliged Legend Bald, you have to bear in mind the subtle differences between Biaggi and us......

Steel and marshmallows,....remember this whenever you try to execute the same lines and style at SP.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok Nils got it now,.and Legd Baldy got it too

How does it look guys,...make the Kwacks going round Sepang seem like mopeds.

Did you notice the turn ins?......man he turns in early....!..

Think it was Ukawa that he passed at the back straight, and shit he was going.....

;)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Someone mail it to me...

Ledge, Nils or Mojo....

Mojo, I think the previous account I gave ya could not accomadate such a large file....

Could anyone of yous who has a copy of the file mail it to me at [email protected]

Thks. Much obliged.

Cheers.:)

·
Registered
560 Posts
Re: Ok Nils got it now,.and Legd Baldy got it too

m0j0 said:
How does it look guys,...make the Kwacks going round Sepang seem like mopeds.
Did you notice the turn ins?......man he turns in early....!..
Think it was Ukawa that he passed at the back straight, and shit he was going.....
;)
Yeah,
Early turn-ins and tight exits indeed. Was really surprised going around the track when we did the support race. You could see by the rubber they left behind under braking and acceleration that they were taking some very different lines than most of us. For example on turn 14, they don't even get close to the outside curb before turning in. In fact they stay in the middle of the track! I guess affecting factors would be lines for defending positions and also those bikes have so much more power to use out of the corners. Guess they also do some "trail-braking" going into corners which naturally means they turn into the corner earlier but at higher speed.

Would be interesting to see an on-board lap with a 250cc or 125cc.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Is it one fo the videos from www.motogp.com cause it might be easier for others to download from there??

I watched the P.I one and I think the indicated speeds are a bit of a guess, some corners were slower then I've been through them (and I ride like a woose) but the overall lap time was about right.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gixxer_Dave said:
Is it one fo the videos from www.motogp.com cause it might be easier for others to download from there??

I watched the P.I one and I think the indicated speeds are a bit of a guess, some corners were slower then I've been through them (and I ride like a woose) but the overall lap time was about right.
Hi Gixxer Davey,..yeah you are right,.it was downloaded from the motogp website. When I did that, it was FREE!!...now you have to pay for the download.

It is my understanding that the free downloads are very limited, and usually they are free, if the race is going to be held at that specific track at that time. I was in the US when the Sepang GP was held and thus was absent to see our SBR boys in their glory,..but I am trying to learn a little about the kind of lines these steel-bollocked GP riders like KRjr, Biaggi, Rossi take. The lines may not be totally relevant, as the bikes and rider skill levels are all the more different.

The Sepang track is almost considered our own turf, and any on-track videos accomplished by experts will certainly be a good tool to get some pointers,..if not, we can only exasperate in awe.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Hey Mojo, I've been waiting for one of you SBR slacker bastids to make a full onboard lap of Sepang for ages....... :rolleyes:

The mention of a video seems to have attracted people in here like flies to a fresh pile of dog poo.... :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nope..no video

Nils, thks for the effort but I did not get it...no worries though....
had enough of trying i guess...thks anyway.

Cheers.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Re: Nope..no video

Wolverine said:
Nils, thks for the effort but I did not get it...no worries though....
had enough of trying i guess...thks anyway.

Cheers.

Sorry about that bro'. File-size too big. I also had a 6mb yahoo address, but could not take it.

Did you want it Dave?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts