Sportbike World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres the deal guys...i want my bike dyno tuned,but a really good tuner needs to do it...must have the dyno with the ram air,also able to tune my bike with the power commander.

so if someone knows of a good tuner please inform me..

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THANKS ALL......BRIGTON IT IS...AS FOR TONY AT CAFE I WOULDNT LET HIM TUNE A MOPED!!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ITS ALL RIDER WANT ME TO PUT A GOOD RIDER ON MY BIKE AND WE CAN GO FOR A LIL CASH 1K TO 1K MOTOR TO MOTOR...OH BY THE WAY AS SHITTY OF A RIDER I AM THAT 1K DIDNT SPANK SHIT AND WE CAN DO IT AGAIN....WITH ME RIDING FOR FUN!

·
Registered
255 Posts
FlewByYou04R1 said:
ITS ALL RIDER WANT ME TO PUT A GOOD RIDER ON MY BIKE AND WE CAN GO FOR A LIL CASH 1K TO 1K MOTOR TO MOTOR...OH BY THE WAY AS SHITTY OF A RIDER I AM THAT 1K DIDNT SPANK SHIT AND WE CAN DO IT AGAIN....WITH ME RIDING FOR FUN!
did I strike a nerve? if you are such a shitty rider why make a bike faster instead of improving your skills?

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
so why not both sides of the coin here...

I wouldn't recommend Brighton anymore after I got my bike back supposidly tuned and running safely to take to the track !

Come to find out it was far from that.... it was dieing on me at the track (in turns, out of turns.. on the straightaway) not only could I have gotten hurt from it - I wasted 2 trackdays and to top it all off he was there but didn't act like he really gave a shit about finding out why it was doing that ... :mad:

E.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
DreamRyder said:
I wouldn't recommend Brighton anymore after I got my bike back supposidly tuned and running safely to take to the track !
E.
Brighton is an approved Dynojet tuner as well as a forced air system for his dyno tunes. (Cafe Concepts isn't there yet) For "programming only" Brighton has had alot of satisfied customers. :D

·
Registered
208 Posts
Brighton and Cafe both are not on my short list...

1. Cafe Concepts: Tony's dyno doesn't even have a sniffer anymore so how can he tune a bike, yes I was there for his grand opening when his sniffer got torn off so unless he replaced it that dyno is useless for tuning...

2. Brighton Superbike: I know a guy at my shop that has had his Gixxer 1000 there since Febuary and it still isn't completed, he keeps telling him he is short staffed and has too many bikes in house (AKA he keeps racing on the weekends instead of completing bikes)

I haven't heard many good 1st hand stories for either place, so good luck in your decision:rolleyes:

BTW what is with all the sh$$ talk about Gix 1K whooping R1's, I have had 2 try already and neither have suceeded and I still have a stock exhaust...:twofinger It is all rider when it comes to these liter bikes nowadays, the bikes are too close in power and weight to hold any advantage...

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Z3US said:
BTW what is with all the sh$$ talk about Gix 1K whooping R1's,

Readers Digest version....a nicely done up old school 1k took off at the same time an 04 R1 with exhaust and a PCIII hit the gas. The 1k had a pretty good lead when he cut the throttle.

Either way, we dont' know who was ready, who has more power, blah blah blah...we'll have to play foot ball to settle the matter. :cool:

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
MrOrangePants said:
Brighton is an approved Dynojet tuner as well as a forced air system for his dyno tunes. (Cafe Concepts isn't there yet) For "programming only" Brighton has had alot of satisfied customers. :D
he may have the shit to do it and he may do it well for race bikes that dont' have anything wrong and just need tweaking or maps done but i have no confidence in his ability to work on shit that requires mechanical trouble shooting... not to mention the time frame to get your shit back sucks monkey balls :rolleyes: sorry but anyone who can take 1500 for a job that they sucked at and can only come up with a suggestion of pushing your bike off a trailer going down the freeway and claim it on insurance aint' reputable in my book ... :2cents: and this was said in the presence of many at the track :rolleyes:

E.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
BACK TO THE SUBJECT...

1.) Walt uses Brighton for his bikes and swears by their work.
2.) Several racers use the owner of "Hayabusa.org" who runs a facility in Cleveland Ohio. He is D.J. certified but 4 hours away
3.) Brody achieved 210+ mph at N.C., through a tuner in Monroe
4.) Morebusa used the guy from Hayabusa.org
5.) Cafe' Concepts tuned my carb'd 900RR, and I was happy with the results.

Feel free to add to the list...but just the positive stuff :D

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
MrOrangePants said:
BACK TO THE SUBJECT...

Feel free to add to the list...but just the positive stuff :D
hmm... seems to me I was on the subject :huh:

and I said there were 2 sides to a coin.. not every place is perfect and not every place is bad.. but everyone has the right to know both sides... :2cents: so in my opinion as long as the events are truthful they have every right to be mentioned :thumb:

E.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK HERES THE DEAL THIS IS PROBLY THE LAST THING IM DOING TO THIS BIKE THIS SEASON,I WANNA LEARN WHEN MY BIKE IS AT ITS PEAK.....SEEING THAT I WAS DOING PRETTY DAMN GOOD THEN I LOWERED IT AND ITS LIKE STARTING ALL OVER AGAIN...NO STRIKING OF NERVES HERE...I JUST HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE WITH TONY HES A MORON AND THINKS EVERYONE IS AS STUPID AS HIM...WHAT HAS HE DONE BESIDES GOING 46 MPH AROUND A TRACK ON A POCKET ROCKET...I DONT KNOW HIM WELL BUT I KNOW FROM MY EXPERINCE HES A MORON...AND ALSO AS SAID HE DOSENT HAVE THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT TO TUNE A RAM AIR BIKE!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Just a suggestion though, don't worry too much about the RAM Air bro, that extra 8HP isn't going to show up on a dyno anyways. In order to show the extra RAM Air HP you would have to have a fan large enough and fast enough to blow exactly the same amount of air as you would be getting at that given speed if you were riding on the street.
Just my :2cents: but you have a R1 just like me worry more about your dyno curve and cleaning up the flat spots instead of worrying about true peak HP. As I can show with my former 954rr dyno charts a solid HP curve free of dips and flat spots will make more usable HP then one with a shit load of dips and flats but a nice high HP #. And that point was driven home by word of mouth from Kevin Erion president/owner of Erion Racing in the paddocks last year at Mid-Ohio AMA races...

·
Registered
226 Posts
FlewByYou04R1 said:

THIS IS FROM JOKER (OWNER OF THE 1000 U RACED):

First off........GOOD RIDER OR BAD RIDER.............U LOOOOSSSTTTT!!!!! :finger:

Secondly........U don't have nuff cash. Fock a little cash........LEZ GO TITLES!!!! Mines paid for!!!!

Thirdly....whats your classification of "Spank"???? Last I seen of you was like 3 bikes behind easily.

Fourth........bring that Yamaha gabbbbbaaagggeee to the strip!!!!!
If you really wanna see what a race is........GO TO UBLY...IT DON'T LIE!!!!!!

P.S. I'm quite sure Tony will defend his own to your "newbie remarks"!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.