Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To try the new Michelin Pilot Road tire;) I absolutly loved my Macadems 100X on my Blackbird:D got 8,065 miles on the rear, the front has another 4-6 grand to go and no CUPPING:eek: :eek: So naturally the dicontinued the tire:twofinger The "Road" is the replacement, stickier yet the same mileage as the 100X:rolleyes: I wll beleive it when I see it.

So who is gonna be the first:D

·
Registered
377 Posts
I just replaced my previous Pilot Sport / Macadam 100X with a Pilot Sport / Pilot Road combo. Have done a whole 20km on them scrubbing them in, so all I can tell you is they look good :D .

The Pilot Road is only 5 bucks cheaper than a Pilot Sport so you can base your choice purely on performance requirements, not price.

:)

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
i just put on a pilot road on the back too...and i also have a pilot sport on the front....just a natural evolution huh.....

·
Registered
377 Posts
A bit off topic but about a month ago I picked up a nail in my Pilot Road rear. The tyre didn't deflate and I took it off and took it to my local dealer for an opinion. I thought I might have to replace it but he patched it.

Seems rather than plug it they apply a (approx.) 3inch x 3 inch patch to the inside. Says Michelins are okay to patch as the inside of the tyre doesn't tend to disintergrate like some others ( he mentioned Pirelli).

A few thousand km's later and it's still fine.

:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pilot Sport

After 2000 km's I am finding the Pilot sport to be running out he center quick on my Bandit. Tire is fantasic but I think its life span is a trade off. Thinking I should get about 6000 to 7000 if the wear continues...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts