Sportbike World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted too know who else beside me hates hwy riding,tellme you do and dont like about riding on the hwy.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Short trips down the interstate are OK, but are usually just a means of getting somewhere to do some backroads for me. It's just too boring to take a long ride and I hate being around semis in my cage to say nothing of being on the bike. They're just no fun.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
In this part of B.C. Canada we do NOT have massive interstate hwys. So when I say 5 or 8 hrs of the Mtn hwys that means basically 2-lane twisty up & down mtn roads along with some that have four lanes so those I prefer over doodling around the back roads in the lower gears & with hope I will not hit gravel all over the next bend.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I've got 2400 miles of freeway driving to look forward to next month, so I guess I'll learn to love it.......Any riding is better than no riding.....

·
Registered
317 Posts
I love riding. Doesn't matter where I'm riding. Of course backroads are better, but I even get pumped on the highway.

·
Registered
136 Posts
If Im not turning, accelerating or braking I'll get bored. I only put up with a boring Hwy to get to the roads that are good.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I've made a few longggg highway trips, fort wayne indiana, to montgomery, al, st. paul, mn - to montgomery, kansas city, ms - to montgomery - man, the interstate is fine and dandy for about.. 50 miles, after that, i just want to lay down on the tank and go to sleep. :eek:

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Rundog said:
I've got 2400 miles of freeway driving to look forward to next month, so I guess I'll learn to love it.......Any riding is better than no riding.....
Why?? Take a couple of alternate routes. Less yer goin thru Kansas er somt'n.

I try to avoid interstate roads but somtimes ya just can't.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I dont mind the regular highways in my area, But when I jump on the interstate, Mainly I-65 or I-64 the semi's sometimes rattle me. Especially I-65 it seems like every other car is a Semi and there not going below 80mph.

I still love the country roads, Tracks, and Highways with moderate to low traffic.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Highways tend to be boring but the main thing I dislike about them is 18 Wheelers. The company owned trucks aren't too bad as they are usually limited to 65-69MPH it's the Owner Operators that blast down the highway at 80+mph. At that speed the wind blast is quite extreme. I find myself having to maintain a speed of about 90mph or so just to keep ahead of them and to keep from being blown all over the place by these idiots. This happens mostly at night. I've noticed they tend to drive slower during the day, probably because of the heavier traffic. I wish the cops would crack down hard on semis that are speeding that much. It's one thing to do that in a 3 or 4000 lb car but when you have 100,000lbs barreling down the road at 80 mph you are just asking for trouble. Maybe they ought to follow suit with california (I can't believe I just said that) and make slower speed limits for 18 wheelers. Sorry for the rant....Later

1 - 19 of 19 Posts