Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'Zactly wazzup with all these pop-up ads I see here today about Kawasaki’s ZX-6R? Don't they know the 6R is (hopelessly) "outdated"? Heck, I heard no less than Dave Sadowski say so on recent Speedvision race coverage! When a shoppin’ I did go, all the Yamaha salesboys verified it was an overweight piece of junk!
And how 'bout those 'AMA 600cc SuperSport Champ' ads? Obviously a hoax perpetrated upon us by some smug Yamaha/Suzuki/Honda owners getting their jollies (and our hopes up) by hacking into the Sportbike World website! Heck, we all know the 6R is sloth of an excuse for a sportbike (talk about slow)! And even if they did win ONE championship…well, we can chalk that up to the fluke factor!
And another thing...FIM 600cc SuperSport Champion? Well dangit; now that dog just ain’t gonna hunt! If the site owners don't correct this outrageous false advertising immediately, I see no other course of action except to stop frequenting their site! This is truly an outrage!
What's that you say? You mean to tell me the 6R IS the AMA SuperSport Champion? And you mean to tell me it also REALLY won the FIM 600cc SuperSport Championship (TWO Championships)?
Yeah, but if at’s really so...well you just gotta know it folds you up like some medieval torture rack that you can’t ride for more than race distance!
Wot's that you say...it's the most comfortable 600cc sportbike out there?
Hmmm....well if all that's true, who are we to argue with 'em when they say “ZX-6R Crowned King of the World” in those pop-up ads? :D

Nevermind…:rolleyes:

ROCK ON BIG Kkeep rubbin’ their noses in it! :twofinger

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I'm not sure where you're going with this, but if I'm reading this correctly

Here's what I say to all the reviewers :finger:

They test those bikes in the most extreme of situations by some extremely experienced riders (which most street riders aren't).
I'll put my 6R up against any other 600, 750 or 900 in the twisties ( I didn't say straight line). With the proper setup a 6R is just as good (or better) than the other bikes in its class.

·
Registered
208 Posts
RedNinja said:

uh Kev...I know I was taking his side...
Will, please don't take that tone or I'll be forced to report you to a moderator.

Personally I think the ZX6R is a kick ass bike. It has the best engine in my opinion. The stock suspension is Great for the street, but if your going to race it, then ditch it for sure.
Who races (above amateur) on stock suspension anyways?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
That chart proves nothing other than that the two bikes may or may not have been tested at the same location, time of year, altitude, air pressure, temperature, etc...

I'll almost guarantee you they weren't. And even so two 6R's, F4's or R6's will not perform exactly the same as each other even under ideal circumstances....

Frankly...its just Opinion...and the only think you can really base an opinion on is personal experience...don't believe everything you read in the mags...most of the results are sponsored by corporate dollars anyways

·
Registered
259 Posts
True Will, but still I think some people get biased with their brand loyalty ;) Technically, you do have a point. Anyways, throw in a jet kit, full exhaust, and sprocket mods, and the whole chart concept is out the window.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Believe the rider who just kicked your ass on his 6r...it's all about the rider! There are alot of great riders out there who swear by Kawasaki, in fact...I've never met a more fanatical and loyal bunch of riders in my life, they can't all be wrong.

Me personally, I'm not brand loyal...I even bought a Yamaha for crying out loud...

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
thothscribe said:
True Will, but still I think some people get biased with their brand loyalty ;) Technically, you do have a point. Anyways, throw in a jet kit, full exhaust, and sprocket mods, and the whole chart concept is out the window.
Exactly my point...I'm brand loyal. Not necessarily because I Think its the best bike out there...but because I think its the best bike for me.....

What pisses me off is these guys that are brand loyal because the mags say that brand is the best out there....I had it happen friday night....some dipshit on an F4 came up to me and started talking about how he was gonna get a GSXR750 because he was tired of his friends out running him in the straights...so I asked him why that bike...he said "well all the mags say its one of the best bikes out there"...I walked away...

It's actually very pathetic to see drones like that listening to corporate rhetoric

·
Registered
208 Posts
RedNinja said:

Exactly my point...I'm brand loyal. Not necessarily because I Think its the best bike out there...but because I think its the best bike for me.....

What pisses me off is these guys that are brand loyal because the mags say that brand is the best out there....I had it happen friday night....some dipshit on an F4 came up to me and started talking about how he was gonna get a GSXR750 because he was tired of his friends out running him in the straights...so I asked him why that bike...he said "well all the mags say its one of the best bikes out there"...I walked away...

It's actually very pathetic to see drones like that listening to corporate rhetoric
It's also unfortunate that they rarely come online to a website such as this to educate themselves. They'll flip to the last page of the test and not bother reading the review and look at the DYNO picture to see who has the most HP and top speed. (No offense thoscribe :D ;) j/k) but it's true.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Yup, unfortunately, alot of mags are paid for by large corporations, and are biased. Sux, but hey that's free enterprise. Buyer beware i guess.

KLR: what's that username? Kawasaki LoveR ?? :D :D

·
Registered
180 Posts
RedNinja said:

I had it happen friday night....some dipshit on an F4 came up to me and started talking about how he was gonna get a GSXR750 because he was tired of his friends out running him in the straights...so I asked him why that bike...he said "well all the mags say its one of the best bikes out there"...I walked away...
Sounds like that guy hasn't been taken to school by someone on an EX500 yet...it'll happen, then the light bulb goes off...*Bing* Wow, that guy can ride! It doesn't matter what you are on, take a great rider and throw him/her on a Moped and they'll put on a smackdown clinic.

I'd hate to run into Freddie Spencer on an Old CB750 F in a dark alley...

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
tsisson said:

Sounds like that guy hasn't been taken to school by someone on an EX500 yet...
Well thats what Russ and I tried to explain to the guy..take him out in the corners, and be way ahead of him (not hard to do with a lot of the local riders here) by the time he exits the corner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts