Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
calling all whiskey drinkers or anyone who knows about whiskey.

my grandma sent me a 30 year old bottle of Captians Table Canadian Whiskey (McGuinness distillers limited, toronto). apparently she told me she bought it about 30 years ago in Canada and brought it back to the USA with her. is this whiskey safe to drink? im wondering if with age it tastes better like a good scotch would. she has moved about 5x and always brought the bottle with her. her last move a month ago, she was gonna toss it in the garbage. i told her to send it to me. :)

there are a couple "floaties/swimmers" in the bottle. im assuming its cork particles from the topper. if so, i dont mind drinking a few cork particles. or it may be something else, but cork is all i can think of.

what do you guys think? here is a pic of the bottle. is it safe to drink? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/2loud2k2xd/whiskey.jpg

thanks

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Whiskey doesn't age in the bottle, only in a wooden keg. A one-year-old whiskey, bought thrty years ago, is still a one-year-old whiskey.

At the very least, open it to taste, unless you'd rather keep it for nostalgic reasons. Shouldn't kill you, we hope. ;)

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
almightys said:
yeah,
bring that shit to the next redline meeting! so we can all have a taste
:D
sure, ill just strap it down on my passenger seat and hope its still in the bottle and not on my bike. lol

let me get a little more "settled in" to my new condo, and you guys will just have to come over for some BBQ and brews.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts