1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think that I can defin. contribute to that forum..hehehe :D

------------------
Dan F4 Red/Black

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Hey Robert, I was thinking that maybe we should have a Forum just for when someone needs to bitch, moan, whine, cry, complain, etc.

I could be the Moderator too! Listen to this:

I get up early to go riding with a friend and Im excited because I have my new FS leather pants with all the armor and I think Im going to be more confident with the protection right? So, I pull the bike out of the garage and start it up to warm up while I get my gear on ...I put the bike in the driveway and turn around and hear a crunch! The engine dies! I turn around to see the bike on its side and its bleeding!!! The driveway has a slight slope and the bastard kickstand wasnt fully open apparently. :mad:
I cracked the damn alternator cover and put a scratch in my tail section. :( :( :( At least the frame sliders saved most of the damage I guess...
I pull off the cover and run down to the dealer in hopes of saving the day. WRONG! Not only will it take 4 freaking days to get the cover but it cost me $85 bucks and to add salt to my boo boo the damn gasket is another $12 bucks! GEEE-ZuSSS! The idiot behind the counter says "Well do you want to order it?" Well "Do I have a G.D. Choice!?" Im PEEVED! ~~~~Phew! thanks!

See what I mean Robert? :D

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]

·
Registered
86 Posts
In the "yea, that was stupid" category... This morning, I'm sitting on my running bike in the driveway, putting on my gloves, then I get the bright idea to check my oil. I say to myself "Self, I wonder if I can see the sight glass while sitting on the bike" (its on the right side of my bike). So I lean over a bit, can't quite see it, lean over a bit more, then I start to feel a bit of weight on my left leg.

I figure (correctly) the bike is leaning over in the opposite direction. I try to push up with my left leg, but to no avail. I now have (I'm guessing) about 150lbs on this one leg. It is fully extended already, so there is nowhere to go. I tried grabbing the right side of the frame and trying to pull it up, but yea, right, no leverage.

So I hit the kill switch, and slowly lay the bike down, climb off, and stand the bike back up. Luckily, I don't think anyone saw me. I imagine I looked pretty damn stupid. Only damage was a broken blinker - $10.

I almost lost my balance on the monster once when it was parked on a slope, but luckily it has a lower seat hieght, so I could recover.

------------------
- Dan

[This message has been edited by Mattrazzo (edited June 16, 2000).]

·
Registered
549 Posts
Kyle, sorry to hear that. Our driveway is sloped and if I don't turn the handlbars to the side after starting the F4, it'll slowly creep backwards down the driveway from the vibration of the motor. The first time I saw it doing that, I bout crapped my jeans! :eek:

Knock on wood, I haven't dropped mine yet. Even when I was pivoting it on the kickstand in the gravel so TJ could figure out where the nail in the tire was. I knew I would probably fall with it on top of me, but I didn't. :)

------------------
Stacia
Co-Admin
'00 Honda CBR600F4
"Objects in mirror no longer matter!"

·
Registered
130 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mattrazzo:
Only damage was a broken blinker - $10.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dan,
Only 10 bucks for a Ducati blinker????
i thought that parts for the duc cost an arm and a leg. surely this is cheaper than an F4 blinker!!! :)

-------------
arif
'99 F4

·
Registered
130 Posts
kyle my man,
sorry to hear about the bike! glad that the damage was only minimal. i am sure that you must be glad to see the frame slider do its job! :)
now thats 40 bucks well spent.....
later bro!

-----------
arif
'99 F4

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
You are soo right about the sliders Arif and just in time!

Get this though!! The guy I was going to ride with ended up lowsiding and destroyed his F3 into the side of the mountain! He just got a full set of leathers thank goodness. His spirits are up though and he's looking forward to a new F4. :)

My wife said to me " I thought you and this bike got along better than the F4" and I was concerned about that until I got the news about the wreck. I guess my trusty RR sacrificed a little to keep me from going :D

------------------
Kyle J.-

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pete:
Kyle, OUCH! I feel too bad for you to rib you about it. Sorry to hear it happened.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awww Man! I've been waiting for you to say something smart so I can laugh this off! :D
Your loosing your edge Peter! :rolleyes:

Nick: Boy are you right! I think its because when your really getting into it, your really paying attention.. When just cruising, your mind tends to wander.
~ There were no children around so I was able to fill the air with many profanities! :D

------------------
Kyle J.-

·
Registered
86 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by arif CBRF4:
Dan,
Only 10 bucks for a Ducati blinker????
i thought that parts for the duc cost an arm and a leg. surely this is cheaper than an F4 blinker!!! :)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea, it's surpising how "normal" some of the prices can be, but the blinker is a pretty simply affair - rubberized plastic, no fancy flex points (which would have helped in this case). The same blinker fits all SS, 748, and 996 models so they get a lot of milage out of that one design.

Yes, Ducati parts can be expensive. I needed to replace my windscreen after a lowside and the Ducati price was $180. I opted for the Zero Gravity at $80. ;)

------------------
- Dan

·
Registered
205 Posts
hey kyle there wasn't any 5yr. olds around to hear you cussin' was there?? LOL :D

hey with all the stupid stuff i have done to my F4 in the last week i'm aloud to make fun! so i think that this stupid story forum is a good idea. we could almost take it one step further and have a wall of shame!!!

i'm guuna post the damage pics of my F4 and pics of after i repair it.

ps it is funny how you can ride 230km/hr one day and then crash at 20km/hr the next! i was telling a guy at work that i was out riding hard one day and then the next morning had to tell him i crashed. he has a custom and told me i better slow down or i'm gunna hurt myself, i said everytime i slow down i crash!!!

------------------
Nick
You meet the nicest people on Hondas

1 - 12 of 12 Posts