Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have taken the 1998 Triumph Daytona 900 apart, while the engine is out are there any simple bolt on mods I can do to improve the engine?

I am keeping the original twin exhaust pipes as they have the Carbon wrap and look cool however if anyone know better can they let me know?

Thanks,

TQ

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha ha, your a funny guy!

What I mean by bolt-on things like replacement air-filter etc that can improve the engine - not major work to the engine....

Thanks,

TQ

·
Registered
515 Posts
go to e-bay, punch in "gsxr" and find a

750 engine..spend a couple bucks to get it to fit..take the other engine, and hit it twice with a ball peen hammer, and you'll have a ash tray..

if i can be of further assistance..................

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Re: go to e-bay, punch in "gsxr" and find a

spongebob said:
750 engine..spend a couple bucks to get it to fit..take the other engine, and hit it twice with a ball peen hammer, and you'll have a ash tray..

if i can be of further assistance..................
Still an ass..... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Well, a K&N air filter would definately help. Don't forget to rejet while you're at it, and hell, might as well clean the carbs while u got em off.

you could change the sprocket while you're there if u want to as well, easy bolt-on mod for better acceleration, with the expense of some top speed.

an ignition advancer if you dare would be a pretty simple mod.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bolt on's

I have a 96 Daytona 1200, I have found it very hard to find anything besides the basic issue add-ons (so far I have K&N Stage one Jet kit and Filter, a D&D Exhaust and new front and rear Spockets) I am in the middle of trying to figure out how to reverse the intake tubes so they are facing forward and not backwards underneath the seat...I figure that if you some how pipe it forward and make a few fairing mods it will act like a regular bike with a RAM air, and that should help a ton!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
While I am at it....

Injected, thanks for the link, I will check these guys out.

Thanks for the replies everyone else, hey while I am at why don't I take everything off and stick some pedals on and a little bell, hell it won't go anywhere fast but at least I will get some excercise... in'it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts