• OTHER, which ones?

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, i need to get some new tires over winter so i wont have to wait until spring. Im just lookin right now and tryin to decide.

I want to know what you all would choose for everyday riding/racing, but no track. I'd like somethin with good grip and mileage.

ive found:

www.motorcycletire.com has
Diablo's - $235
Sportec M1's - $225
Michelin Pilots - $265

www.motorcyclemart.com has
Pilots - $236
M1's - $195

·
Registered
418 Posts
im runnin the diablos on my r6 right now and they're a pretty good tire. Far better then the dunlops it used to have. Still the michelins seem to be the most popular. A couple of my friends like them best, I plan on going with them for my next set to see how they are.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
If you want something stickier than the Diablos, go for the Diablo Corsas. Stick is excellent, rear wear is quite good, front wear is excellent. That's the tire of choice for many at track days.:thumb: I ran them all last year, 20,000 miles, 6 track days, and am on my third front and sixth rear. The sixth rear just went on and the front is still good.

In the past I ran Dunlop 207's which wore out in sets, front and rear together, and that would have been at least an 8 set season, if not more. Best part is, these stick better, too.:thumb:

·
Registered
518 Posts
aparis99 said:
what you all would choose for everyday riding/racing, but no track.
not really sure what you mean by this....but, your price quotes are way high. Re-check your sites, you're off by about $100! I vote for the Sportec M1's for just over $100!!!
I haven't tried the Diablos yet, but, to date, the Sportecs are among the best tires I've ever used! Bang for the buck, they are awefully hard to beat!

http://www.ronayers.com/browseparts.cfm?searchstring=110-13220

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Re: Which would you choose? where to buy?

RSVRick said:
not really sure what you mean by this....but, your price quotes are way high. Re-check your sites, you're off by about $100!
I did the quote for both front and rear tires. Motorcyclemart.com is around $195 for both. On your link they are $7 cheaper. Ill get them from there then.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
I tend to stick with my local dealers when it comes to buying tyres for my two sportbikes & let them make a bit off the tyres & more off the installing of them. Just happens to be my way for I to have been a m/c dealer in the past.

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Dad said:
If you want something stickier than the Diablos, go for the Diablo Corsas. Stick is excellent, rear wear is quite good, front wear is excellent. That's the tire of choice for many at track days.:thumb: I ran them all last year, 20,000 miles, 6 track days, and am on my third front and sixth rear. The sixth rear just went on and the front is still good.

In the past I ran Dunlop 207's which wore out in sets, front and rear together, and that would have been at least an 8 set season, if not more. Best part is, these stick better, too.:thumb:
Ditto on the Diablo's for prices go here, and click on the tire size you need.. :thumb: http://www.ronayers.com/tires/tiredetail.cfm?catid=76

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Went for Bridgestone Battalax BT 010 in a 180 for the rear of my Honda 929 & probably t he same when the front is due one.

Put a BT 014 on the front on my Yamaha 600r & an older Mitezler ME-Z2 which is a bit old & questionable about how hard it has got over the past 5 yrs for it was in my stock.

This was a strange one with MZ-Z1 compound on the side, just off the center & harder in the center. I have had 3 of them on bikes & they gave very good milage & traction. If that gives me trouble then I will shift to BT 014

One thing I noted about the Bridgestones is that they did not need any scrubbing in which pleased me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts