1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking at two bikes right now.
a 2000 r1 with 13000 miles on it.
or a 2004 cbr 600 with 16500 miles.

both are in very good condition and both asking 4000.

i really like the way the cbr looks, but will a 600 be too small for me?
i am about 200 lbs and 6' tall. wat u guys think?

·
Registered
658 Posts
I think that by your asking these questions you haven't bothered to read anything else on this site.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
get the 600. no newb should EVER buy a liter bike as their 1st bike. sorry, sad but true. and some to most who do buy the liter bike wad them up, meaning crash.

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Neither one of those bikes are going to be big enough for you. You're going to need a 'Busa or ZX-14. Don't worry about buying gear either, you won't need it. Save some cash and buy a turbo, cause after a few months the bike won't be fast enough for you.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Just think what you want and decide if you want speed or just fun.
Well, our new friend has graced us with yet another helpful post in a dead thread. At least he's posting in threads from this year now. :thumbs2:

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Well, our new friend has graced us with yet another helpful post in a dead thread. At least he's posting in threads from this year now. :thumbs2:
Well, things have gotten slow around here...

·
Registered
452 Posts
my thoughts exactly, love the tone of it too :moon:

Well, things have gotten slow around here...
why is that ??? :huh:

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
why is that ??? :huh:
Well, after the site change (selloff) traffic slowed down quite a bit, and then the major posters started dying off (going elsewhere, I presume) one by one. Now it's probably the least active forum I've ever been a member of.

·
Registered
452 Posts
another one ....? :finger:

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Somebody's sarcasm detector needs calibrated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i am looking at two bikes right now.
a 2000 r1 with 13000 miles on it.
or a 2004 cbr 600 with 16500 miles.

both are in very good condition and both asking 4000.

i really like the way the cbr looks, but will a 600 be too small for me?
i am about 200 lbs and 6' tall. wat u guys think?
To be serious now, if you haven't taken a motorcycle safety course .that should be your first move. The instructors can evaluate your needs far better than I can through a forum. This is were you will find your skill level and not become another statistic.Your size matters in selecting a motorcycle, it shouldn't feel heavy and your feet should reach the ground flat footed with knees slightly bent. Good luck

·
Registered
658 Posts
Good advice, but the OP hasn't bothered to return since the day after he joined and posted.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts