• 2004 ZX10R

Votes: 52 73.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a 2000 ZX6R and i want to get a ZX10R in 2005. ive asked about 20 people (mostly girls) of what they like better and only 2 said the zx10. my gf said the zx10 looks like pieces of plastic put together from the junk yard lol
to me its a no brainer, ZX10R
i just want to see what everyone else thinks

i just grabbed these pics off the net to show you what they look like
http://bikepics.com/pictures/007382
http://bikepics.com/pictures/126985

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I'd kill for either... and it's a hard choice but I'd say the 10R. Plus it has alot of good reviews.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i agree with ur gf...it just looks like theres too much goin on with the Zx10.....the 6r looks much better in my opinion...but its ur choice!

·
Registered
925 Posts
The 10 gets my vote for ugliest bike ever award.

·
Registered
269 Posts
To me the 10R looks like it's going fast standing still.

Beauty is in the eye of the keyholder, though...

cdma2k

·
Registered
56 Posts
I like both bikes but from the pics you provided, I prefer the 6r. The zx10 has alot of things to look at that stand out and too much is happening..but it's just kool cuz it looks bigger. :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
zx10 has too much going on, what's that supposed to mean? i just wish they had a little more design in their paint

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
I have yet to see one, only read write-ups, & I would probably go for the 10R in black for black is my colour on the Yamaha 600r & Honda 929. The bike could be in a flat black & I would like it even more in appearance.

Also I am quite at home on bikes larger then 600cc in the fact that I like the torque which is lacking on a 600, but then that comes into an experienced rider & personal preferences & not someone thinking of their first or next bike.

·
Registered
64 Posts
wantanaprilia said:
The 10 gets my vote for ugliest bike ever award.
Have you seen the Ducati Multistrada? :barf: :barf: :barf:

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Not to mention the ghastly costs of parts for Ducati & some of these other Italian m/cs compared to those made in Japan. I am sorry to say.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
6R vs 10R

The 10R all the way!

Unless they're riders as well, why are you asking the chicks for their opinion? Are poser points important to you!?

If it's looks you're after, why not consider the 2004 Yamaha R1? That bike is a gorgeous piece of rolling sculpture.

·
Registered
64 Posts
torok said:
You care what it looks like? Get one with a good lookin' tank and gauges, 'cus that's all your gonna see. ;)
That would be an 04 R1. Best looking guages and tank. :twofinger

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
If i was going by looks alone, i would vote for the ZX-636. However, the zx-10 gets super points for being a very very powerfull bike.

However the R1 might just be the prettiest bike I have ever seen. I'd stick with the zx10.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Depends on what you want: if looks, that's subjective. If you're actually going to ride one, then all racers will tell you the same thing: there's no substitute for horsepower, so get the 10. They both look the same pretty much. Besides, on either one, all you're going to see is the tank and gauges, as said before. And if you're on the 10, the only thing other riders will see are your taillights. :twofinger :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
ZX6R OR ZX10R ?

I have a two year old ZX6R which is a great bike (but dated) and every review I've read on the 10 is fantastic so it would be an easy choice for me !

·
Registered
250 Posts
Originally posted by wheelie123
Depends on what you want: if looks, that's subjective.
True.
If you're actually going to ride one, then all racers will tell you the same thing: there's no substitute for horsepower, so get the 10.
Except for ridability. Ask the GP Proton team or the Honda team. Proton had a bike that wasnt smooth, its now burned to a crisp. The Honda team has a bike that is up on weight and down on HP but its still managing to beat gods gift to racing (Rossi) fairly consistantly and with him it ruled the races without a doubt.

And if you're on the 10, the only thing other riders will see are your taillights.
As they pass you on the corners...

Honesty, the ZX-10R (straight line) and R1 are fast but not as street friendly as other bikes. I went with a 1000RR and couldnt be happier.
The R1 is way too peaky and the ZX-10R fights you for control.

And anyhow, if you're not on the track why are you risking your life riding even halfway to any of these bikes limits?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts