Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for some honest opinions on what is a better daily rider yamaha R6 or the gsxr600

·
Registered
423 Posts
There are a few questions to ask before I can give you a good answer.

1) What year(s) are you looking at.
2) How much riding experience do you have?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Both bikes are pretty much equal daily riders. Your ass and back will hurt after an hour, and you get all the wind on the freeway.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
prob an 06 or 07 looking to buy begining or next year i have about 3 years experince on a harley and ive road sport bikes a handle full of times friends bikes and such dirt bikes since i was young and im looking to get my first sport bike.from all the reviews ive been reading everybody is saying the gsxr600 is a damn good bike all around strret and track and the R6 is really high powered and more of a track bike not to say that the gsxr isnt just as powerful but just more of a street type bike than the R6

·
Registered
423 Posts
OK, for those model years I think the gixxer would be a better choice for you. The new generation R6's power is way, way high up in the RPM range. From my experience the seating position is a little more comfortable on the gixxer than the r6. Also if I'm not mistaken the suzuki comes with adjustable footpegs out of the box.

·
Registered
227 Posts
^ haha, always with the jokes :rolleyes:

Sit on both for a good while before making your choice. I personally say the gsxr all the way. The r6 is just too damned focused a track weapon to be great for everyday use. Unless of course your commute to work everyday involves a few miles of twisties. :) (if only life were so grand.)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well thanks guys for all the great advice from all the reviews ive read and actually getting to sit on both today im thinking the gsxr600 is what ill be getting a soon the money is there thanks for all the help im really interested to see what the 08 gsxr is gonna look like i heard there making some changes this year !!?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts