Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i already know what racing school im going to go to but, im not sure which racing class to enter in CCS after i go to racing school.

i plan on getting a GSX-R600 to race. but there are so many classes too choose from.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Spartan3 said:
i already know what racing school im going to go to but, im not sure which racing class to enter in CCS after i go to racing school.

i plan on getting a GSX-R600 to race. but there are so many classes too choose from.

Have you done any racing yet? There are alot of good classes to race in. You might want to wait till you get to your first race and talk to other first time people and see what the are running in your area. I run Middleweight Supersport, GTU, and Middleweight Superbike.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Funny you should ask.

I have been racing CCS for the last three seasons.

I read the rule book very carefully. I discovered that you can run a litre size (or bigger) if you have a two cylinder air-cooled two-valve motor.

Soooo, in April I traded my "02 R6 in on a '04 Ducati Super Sport DS1000.I am having the crank lightened and balanced, balanced Carillo rods and high compression pistons installed. I am also having the heads ported by the guy who did Gene Romero's heads in th 70's

The only problem is that The bike won't be ready until Dec. so I will be lucky to get one race in this season.

In most classes, I will be competing against Buells and SV650s

My goal is to be on the same lap as the leaders when I finish last.

Heck, I may be the only one in the "Thunder Bike" class!

I think I will be in light weight superbike and Formula 40 for sure (I am 52).

600 supersport was way too competitive. I was racing against a lot of yuoungsters who don't have to be at work monday morning:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts