Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
Hello all, I need some questions answered by both opinion based and factual( if possible ) answers. I'm currently in the process of looking for a new motorcycle, I want something that I don't have to worry about to much. Something that reliable, easy to maintain by yourself, fairly cheap but also worth the bang for my buck. I currently own a 09 ducati multistrada which I love, but the maintenance on her is ridiculously expensive. I do some of it myself, but even then I still have a fair amount to learn about how the italians put together a bike. I take my time with her so I don't damage anything, but with how much I ride it seems like I'm taking her apart every other month.

So I was looking at the Honda cbr1000rr 2015, and the Yamaha YZF-R1 2015, BMW s1000rr 2015 and last but not least the 2015 Suzuki gsxr 1000. I've really grown to love the CBR, I can purchase it for the cheapest with ABS and I imagine it and the Suzuki are the easiest to maintain. The only issue I have with the CBR is for just a little more I could get an s1000rr which has nearly 200hp as opposed to the 153 hp the honda has. While the S1000rr also has a computer package as well. Though I feel because its a BMW the costs of maintaining it will be much higher. Be in mind that the bike that I get will be ridden daily, sometimes 50-100 miles a day, so even if I do spend the money on the bmw, could I have saved that through all the maintenance over the time on the Suzuki or Honda?

Any information will be appreciated and will help me out a lot!

·
Registered
10 Posts
It is not only about the costs of maintaining but also about how often something goes wrong. I definitely woudn't advise you to buy Suzuki since especially newer models are suppose to be quite problematic. I love BMW quality although when something goes wrong it is usualy expensive

·
Registered
162 Posts
Looked at a new Honda last night & bought the Aprilia RSV4 instead . . .

I would suggest Honda bikes.

Because they are good on mileage and medium cost of maintenance.
You'll need to get what stirs your soul ~ and a motorcycle that you'll enjoy riding . . .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts