Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so here's the deal, I am looking into buying a new 600cc supersport bike from one of the big 4. I live in saskatchewan and we don't even know what corner's are we have absolutely no need for cornering or anything at all on a bike except to go really fast in a straight line. So my question is which new bike (07 or 08) is the fastest in a line?

P.S. I would prefer facts only if possible.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
All of the 600cc Race Reps are fast enough to turn you into a greasy spot.

Go pound sand.

·
Registered
369 Posts
If the 600 isn't fast enough for you, they do make 750 cc and 1000 cc class supersports, you know.

The funny thing about your question is that you're concerned with getting the fastest of four 600 cc class supersport bikes, when they are all within a small fraction of a second of each other on the quarter mile. There is no more variance between the manufacturers than there is between bikes of the same manufacture.

·
Registered
892 Posts
it may seem that everyone is being harsh but its for your own good. people who post for the first time on the board and ask questions like you most likely dont even have a bike. we are all just trying to keep you from making a bad decision and hurting yourself or others. if you choose to stay and learn GREAT we always welcome new ppl. if you choose to ignore what we have to offer then....i'd get the honda coffin model :p

FACT: the speed of the bike is %90 rider, %10 bike.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Meat_Shield said:
it may seem that everyone is being harsh but its for your own good. people who post for the first time on the board and ask questions like you most likely dont even have a bike. we are all just trying to keep you from making a bad decision and hurting yourself or others. if you choose to stay and learn GREAT we always welcome new ppl. if you choose to ignore what we have to offer then....i'd get the honda coffin model :p

FACT: the speed of the bike is %90 rider, %10 bike.
well said well said :D

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
All the race rep 600's run mid-high 10's in the quarter and top out at 155-160mph. In terms of performance, they are all literally within 1% of each other.

As has already been said, it's 90% rider.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mister Tee said:
If the 600 isn't fast enough for you, they do make 750 cc and 1000 cc class supersports, you know.

The funny thing about your question is that you're concerned with getting the fastest of four 600 cc class supersport bikes, when they are all within a small fraction of a second of each other on the quarter mile. There is no more variance between the manufacturers than there is between bikes of the same manufacture.
Get a liter bike and stretch and drop it, add a little bit of NOS and there you go.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Really tho, if you wanna go fast that's on you (to each it's own). But I don't see why you wanna use a 600 to do that. Why not get a bike that's made for straight line speed like a Busa or a ZX-14? Oh and don't forget the turbo!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes I agree with what you are saying however the 750 and 1 litre's cost significantly more. And I am also aware that there is hardly a diffrence in quarter mile times between the four I would simply like to know because there "is" a diffrence.

·
Registered
892 Posts
So are you going to take it to the strip? or are you just going out with the boys messing around on the back roads? because if your not going to the strip and your not racing professionals, then no there really isnt a difference between the 600's, the RR's at least. some like the F4i can be beat in a straight line so long as you have some1 decent on the RR.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The price you pay also depends on the make of the bike like Suzuki's(race Reps) cost more here in Cali than any other. Like I could have gotten a brand new 06 ZX-10 for cheaper than an 07 750 and both had 0 miles at the dealership. Also look at buying used vs. new to get what you really want or at the end of the year for dealerships, when they are trying to clear the floor for the new models.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As an answer to my own question the R6 and CBR are tied in 2007 for the fastest SS 600cc. Thanks all for trying.

·
Registered
258 Posts
shifterx said:
As an answer to my own question the R6 and CBR are tied in 2007 for the fastest SS 600cc. Thanks all for trying.
Wisdom comes from those that do not answer their own questions.

Squids come from the land of no turns, no experience, and no common sense.

There are no wise squids.

Dan Tapia
DT996

1 - 20 of 28 Posts