• Other mega-machine--VOR, Husky, ATK et al

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i really wanna build a supermotard. i'd like to make it street-legal, so four strokes are important. i'd like to stay japanese because of part costs and availability. i'd also like to race it singles races

i'm down 4 choices and here they are in order.

cr450f--5 speed, seems like the strongest power-wise and looks like a stiff frame

wr450f--lights are half done, 5 speed, but afraid the yz will be a lot stronger, even though they appear to be the same.

yz426f--5speed, proven performer, everyone uses it.

yz450f--long stroke 426, but only a 4 speed.

which do you think is best and why?

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
I voted for the CB450...but, until I learn more about the different classes...that could change, as I don't want to be in a class that's got a zillion racers, nor a skeleton class...I want the most fun for the buck, whatever that is...:D I was really looking at the KTM, being that it comes with 17's and stuff, but from what I ve heard about some of the troubles that KTM owners have talked about..I think buying a Japanese bike, and prepping is the way to go.. And just for a side note...a couple of weeks ago, Mike Metzger's supermoto Yam was up for sale, included a extra set of wheels...:(

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i seriously considered ktm first (as well as husky). husky had two problems--part availability and bike availability. ktm's are just pricey on parts. plus, i wouldn't mind having the dirt wheels for some trail riding once in awhile.

as for singles classes, they aren't too packed, but they usually share a grid with other classes.

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
FZR400Tony said:
i seriously considered ktm first (as well as husky). husky had two problems--part availability and bike availability. ktm's are just pricey on parts. plus, i wouldn't mind having the dirt wheels for some trail riding once in awhile.

as for singles classes, they aren't too packed, but they usually share a grid with other classes.
Tony, just thought I'd let ya know...a good friend of mine just picked up the KTM 520...and guess who gets to take it for a shake down run.......YUP,, MEEEEEEEEEEE....:thumb: he got for 6700.00 otd....

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Hammer 4 said:
Tony, just thought I'd let ya know...a good friend of mine just picked up the KTM 520...and guess who gets to take it for a shake down run.......YUP,, MEEEEEEEEEEE....:thumb: he got for 6700.00 otd....
Mmmmm, KTM 520, Tasty!:drool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts