Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying a new sport quad soon. I've been looking at something around the 400-450 size. I don't want a "racing" quad, but the next level down. Something electric start with reverse (don't want to keep pushing it back after I slam into things). I like the Honda 400X and the Suzuki Z400 limited, but would not be opposed to another make. The main difference I see now is the Suzuki is the only one in its class that is fuel injected. Am I overlooking that on the other quads? I love the response of fuel injection. Anyone own a newer sport quad that can shed some light on the subject for me?

·
Registered
8 Posts
IMO,you nailed it with the Honda 400ex or Suzuki Z400,both are excellent trail quads.Even though they are not as 'racy' as the 450's,they are a blast to ride,handle good.If I had to pick one,my first choice would be the Honda,very reliable motor(responds well to mods too),unless I could find a better deal on the Suzuki.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chris. I've been talking to a local Honda dealer who can still get some '07 model 400EX's for $2K off MSRP and still carry the warranty. And since they have been virtually unchanged since '06, I think that might be the route I take.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it's official...ordered an '07 400EX. I'm pumped!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts