Sportbike World banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
teammaico said:
Here is my 2006 R1 after Graves and PCIII. Read between the lines on all the shootouts and you will learn this is the best bike made.
No complaints here! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Heres mine, smoked turn signals, no fender, pro grips. Had it to 185 in Vermont on my vacation, almost pinned the tach in 6th, lol. U can pull wheelies all day with the shock dampers soft, or u can stiffen em up and redline 1st if u like. I love it, fastest thing ive ever ridden.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did them myself. Tricky. Find a hobby shop, model cars airplanes and what not. Look for "window tint" comes in a spray can. rc294 is the paint # on the lid. It took a couple of try's and adheasive remover when i didnt get it right. Too many times removing the tint spray with a chemical will dull the plastic lense so u want to try and get it right the 1st or secound time. I sprayed about 3-4 coats evenly from 10 inches away, each time waiting for them to dry, then when it looked even I used a clear coat spray I got at pep boys, probably 6 coats. The 1st and 2nd coat of clear have to be very light or the tint will run. The rears are easy to remove, but the fronts I taped off with 3m blue painters tape and then put plastic over the bike and taped that to the border I made around the turn signal. Not an easy job but they came out perfect, its a must do on the ebony 10 because they look like crap clear. If u have more questions ask away, but I would get someone who knows how to paint to help u.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i bought the 06' Suzuki DL-1000, the V-Strom.

As my first bike I liked how it looked, the riding position is ultra-comfy and even though its a big bike its 1000CC V-Twin has Really nice power to it.

Also, since its a V-twin with gobs of tourque down low, you dont have to twist the throttle to get it moving.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Triumph Sprint 1050

My recent purchase was a 2006 Triumph Sprint...(actually my wife surprised me with it on my return from Iraq!)...I went with the Sprint because it offers excellent versatility with a great touring range....my old Tiller was beginning to take its toll on my lower back...along with work.....the change in riding position, although not all that dramatic, was just what the chiropractor ordered!!!! I'll post a pic as soon as I take one!!! Ride safe!

·
Registered
14 Posts
BtownGixxer said:
GSXR 1000 K6. Not to dog on anyone, but has proven to be the best liter bike out there. Nice Kawasaki BTW:thumb:
Not by me! I've ridden them all and the ZX10r won my vote.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Well, I bought the Honda there under my name just before Christmas. Got it over here in Ireland for 2100 pounds with only 1600 miles on it and an 06 model. Figured if im only going to ride it for 2 years until I move up a size or two, I may aswell splash out and a nice first bike with good looks, as afterall, at 125cc, theres not much more than looks going for you, is there!?

Steve

21 - 34 of 34 Posts