Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 R6 has dissapeared from their website. Anybody know whats going on there? Its not even listed under the new 2006 sportbikes section...

·
Registered
980 Posts
No but I noticed that aswell. Maybe yamaha got bad reviews about how ugly that bolted on piece of plastic is in the middle of the beautiful fairings is and decided to redesign it :).

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
slick1537 said:
No but I noticed that aswell. Maybe yamaha got bad reviews about how ugly that bolted on piece of plastic is in the middle of the beautiful fairings is and decided to redesign it :).
Can ya post a picture with an arrow? the few pics of the new r6 I've seen looked very nice all around... Even the shortie can

·
Registered
980 Posts
I am actaully thinking about getting a R6 next spring. Probably an 05. However if you can remove that monstrosity maybe I will get a 06. I am not really a big fan of the suspended fender either but 17500, damn.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
well the LE r6 is that expansive for a reason. And chances are you dont really need all the extra stuff. of course its your call.
I agree the bolted thing isnt that great looking, but it doesnt offend me nearly as much as it does you. Still I'd have to see it in person.

As for the hanging rear fender, well who keeps those things on their bike? just easier to take off..

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Vash said:
well the LE r6 is that expansive for a reason. And chances are you dont really need all the extra stuff. of course its your call.
I agree the bolted thing isnt that great looking, but it doesnt offend me nearly as much as it does you. Still I'd have to see it in person.

As for the hanging rear fender, well who keeps those things on their bike? just easier to take off..
Check out the other thread for more links:

http://sbw.sportbikes.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53988

Actually there's no LE R6, it's R1 LE. The new R6 is for 2006 and will be used for next year racing. Also the new R6 changed to even lower clip-ons and 17.5K usable redline. The older one, 03-04, now dubbed R6-S is with conventional forks and less top-end is simply there for $8000 price tag and those who'll use it on the street.

It'll be a damn fine looking bike, word is it's a bit bigger and taller than the old one, but lighter of course.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts