Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up all? I had this idea and I think I'm gonna do it. Instead of gettin' ripped off here in Ohio when I buy my F4i this Spring, I'm gonna fly to Arizona, buy my bike there, and ride it home. My question:

I need the names of some dealers within an hour or two of a major airport. I wanna get in contact with some people down there, and I need some names, if you guys can help. Anyway, I'm gonna get the bike there (I thought about SoCal, but emissions rules suck), cruise to the Grand Canyon because I wanna see the "big hole in the ground" for myself;). Then I'm gonna go visit a college buddy in San Diego. After all this I will ride home.

All that is beside the point. If you guys from near there can get me the info on some dealers and airports and stuff, that'd be great. Thanks in Advance! Oh yeah, I thought I'd post this pic of my old bike for the heck of it. This was taken right before a ride with my buddy from New York. The bike is a week old.

BTW: I'd like to have some ppl. ride with me if anyone's up to it. Lemme know. Later...

[Edited by CBR Brutha on 11-03-2000 at 04:43 AM]

·
Registered
873 Posts
There arnt any real airports round here. Its all dirt, cactus's and an occaisional tumbleweed. Ya really gotta be nuts cuz the dirt roads here are hell on a sportbike.

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
Nick,

Send me an email and I'll gather up a list of dealers and phone numbers for you.

P.S. Don't listen to GreenNinja, he is just mad because he does not have indoor plumbing yet. ;)

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Nick, why don't you fly to S.D., see your buddy, get drunk and pass out on the beach. Then fly to Vegas, and have a blast there--pick up a new bike there and hit the G.C. (big hole) on the way back to Ohio?

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Come vist us

If you come down on a weekend we could hang out for awhile. The Big Cheesy and myself will be down there.

Hey Robert send me a copy of the list of dealers I might be able to find one with some killer deals.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Rug Burn said:
Nick, why don't you fly to S.D., see your buddy, get drunk and pass out on the beach. Then fly to Vegas, and have a blast there--pick up a new bike there and hit the G.C. (big hole) on the way back to Ohio?
I agree with Rugburn, and a NV. bike is a 50 state bike not a CA. emission bike.

Now what about proper break in? Kinda hard to keep it under proper rpm and fluctuate on a long trip... Just thinkin'

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Originally posted by riverrunner_2000
and a NV. bike is a 50 state bike not a CA. emission bike.

Now what about proper break in? Kinda hard to keep it under proper rpm and fluctuate on a long trip... Just thinkin' [/B]

Did we get a new state while I wasn't looking :D J/K

Be sure and hit the track there at Vegas too, and say Hi to Tiffany.

·
Registered
873 Posts
New Bike plans..

I agree, i would never think of breaking in a new bike with a cross country trip. I was working on a deal with a dealer in Tucson (about 130 miles from me) and decided to get one local since it would be bad to cruise a brand new 0 mile ZX6R for 130 miles at 75 mph. uh uh. Not good.

·
Registered
169 Posts
screw the grand canyon !, it's a big ditch ! ya ever seen national lampoons vacation, when they got to the GC ? thats about what we did, now if ya wana see something cool, go to Zion, just a little bit north of GC in southern Utah, very cool
Speaking of ditch's, ya all know the difference between Britney Spears, and the Panama cannal ?...Panama cannal is a busy ditch ! :D

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
riverrunner_2000 said:
Now what about proper break in? Kinda hard to keep it under proper rpm and fluctuate on a long trip... Just thinkin'
I'm gonna spend about a week ridin' it before I head back to Ohio. I'm not talking about riding it on highways either. I'm talkin' about backroads and places where break-in shouldn't be a problem. I'll have 400-600 miles on the thing in 2-3 days!

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Rug Burn said:
Originally posted by riverrunner_2000
and a NV. bike is a 50 state bike not a CA. emission bike.

Did we get a new state while I wasn't looking :D J/K

Be sure and hit the track there at Vegas too, and say Hi to Tiffany.

[/B]

Ya, I dont count HI. ;) :D

LETS GO PARTY AT TIFFS PLACE!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts