Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey smitty where abouts in the okanagan do ya live i used to live in vernon and find it interesting that you live there.....i love to ride there it is way funner there then here in calgary.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
cole I live in the town of Summerland which is just north of Penticton & natch south of Kelowna & Peachland.

Like you I love the mtn roads & have spent most of my life riding in them as I also lived in Edmonton, Calgary & Banff along with being in S'land since '63.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i remember going through there a couple of times while going to penticton to play hockey and i know that there was a house shaped as a ball on the left hand side of the road wasnt it. I think there was a gas station with an A and W on the right hand side..that place is pretty small but i bet it would be a fun place to ride.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey, im new to this board and dont have a bike because of parent reasons (eventhough Ive been interested forever) , but Id just thought Id comment because we have a place in Peachland and will be going up there may 25th. i live and florida and am 16 almost 17. small world.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
The complete Okanagan Valley area is heavy with tourists come summertime, so with the only hwy being 97 & basically a two-lane with max speed of 90KPH--55mph, things become very, very slow with the addition of tourists be they in cages to massive RVs pulling an SUV that often on a twisty part of the mtn road one will OFTEN find they are crawling along at 30kph---15mph for all the rest of the traffic is there like 18 wheelers with lord knows what in them, logging rigs, low-bed trailers hauling big shovels or cats, B-Trains of finished lumber, chip trailers, Greyhound Buses, to the 3 ton trucks with normal products PLUS the locals in cages PLUS m/cists.

You are right Cole that was S'land you passed through though more to the west then what you saw.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts