Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the understanding that for the most part it's impossible to practice long wheelies in any other area other than the highway, where do you practice your low speed stunts?

I have a couple of places that I've recently found. Most of them are small parking lots that are blocked by concrete barriers. Bikes can get in but cars can't. So far since I've kept my presence there down to just weekends, we haven't been bothered. All of the places I am referring to are behind industrial parks.

Anyone know of a an airport?? :)

ChR1s

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: yea airport would be perfect

40unce said:
An abandoned airport or airforce base would be clutch to find.:thumb:
Yeah! With a parked F14 with the keys in it :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
What about locations in Phoenix?? Anybody know of any where the cops won't hassle me? I found a nice stretch about a quarter mile long in north scottsdale, but it was next to houses, and I was worried they'd call the cops about the noise of a revving crotch rocket going back and forth up and down their street...

:thumb:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Some backroads we have around here do the trick.
Only ones that cann see me there is the cows.

There is a guy that owns a huge building with a massive parking lot that someone said doesn't mind us playing at night. But I'm going to wait till I find out for sure.

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fizzman said:
Some backroads we have around here do the trick.
Only ones that cann see me there is the cows.

There is a guy that owns a huge building with a massive parking lot that someone said doesn't mind us playing at night. But I'm going to wait till I find out for sure.
Hey Fizz,

Where's Smalltown in relation to Philly? If you get access to that place I'll bring my camera and we can capture some sh!t if you're up?

·
Registered
178 Posts
chris_y2k_r1 said:

Hey Fizz,

Where's Smalltown in relation to Philly? If you get access to that place I'll bring my camera and we can capture some sh!t if you're up?
If ya feel like toting the R1 and a camera the 6 hours to Butler PA (Just north of Pittsburgh) Feel free :)

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fizzman said:

If ya feel like toting the R1 and a camera the 6 hours to Butler PA (Just north of Pittsburgh) Feel free :)

Ummm.. errrrr... Uhhhh... nevermind. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: yea!

40unce said:
Finding an abandon jet would also be a plus...
Fly it, if you don't wad the thing on your first try... sell it. Then you can afford that Benelli Tornado for a stunt bike :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Re: yea airport would be perfect

40unce said:
An abandoned airport or airforce base would be clutch to find.:thumb:
Actually...I know of a few in that neighbouring country called Canada..
;)

But my ultimate dream woulld be to tear down the main strip at Dorval around 2am with a few friends....

Imagine..silence in the night..3 riders slowly make their way to the end of the strip., lights covered (or closed)...turn around..tear off the tape and TEAR DOWN THE TRACK!!
:D

I wish i could!
I wish i could..
:(

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i've found there are two ways to find a good stunt practice area: 1. ask other riders you TRUST where a good spot is and 2. ride around until you find a place you like.

when i was first learning, i asked and was told about this industrial park downtown. used to love going to industrial parks after 6 as the roads are generally long and at that hour there's no traffic. later, i rode around to find a place i would like where i could practice alone and was lucky to have found an empty subdivision with nothing but empty lots. freshly paved roads, no homes yet (all lots for sale), and nothing around for a while. i could wind the bike up and not have to worry about noise complaints or do burnouts or whatever. it also had a mini-track with the way the roads were laid out and i learned a lot about cornering, entrance/exit speed, braking, etc.

find what will work for you and make you comfortable. try not to go where there are other riders who may encourage you to do something you don't want to do. don't do stoppies until you're ready. my first night learning i had a guy show up with a video camera and tell me he was making a video and to go crazy. the footage he got was great, but for my first night i didn't want to do a 12 o'clock stoppie......scared the friggin' crap out of me and while i acted cool afterward, i wasn't cool at all.

have fun and keep it on one wheel!!:cool: :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
My friends and I have found a nice back road that has trees on both side, about 1/2 mile long; and what we do is have a guy on each end with chatterboxes watching for cops or cars. One or two guys are then free to stunt in relative safety. No poblems thus far.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Out in the desert

1 - 15 of 15 Posts