Sportbike World banner

Where do you park while shopping or at work?

• I always park on the sidewalk

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • I park in the parking lot where ever there is an available spot.

Votes: 22 45.8%
  • I park way out in the furtherest spot available - away from everyone

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Someone spank me I'm being bad

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was just wondering where the majority of people park there bikes when they go shopping (albertsons, sporting store etc.) or when they are at work?
I always park on the sidewalk - always.
I was at work the other day and another employee say me parking my bike on the sidewalk. He asked me if anyone had explained the parking policy to me - park in employee parking. I promptly told him that when I bring my car to work I would be more than happy to park in the emloyee area, but will be parking my bike on the sidewalk. I explained to him that I have never, ever had anyone complain about it or make it an issue. I told him that I didn't park in the lot because people will hit your bike, roll carts into it etc.. and that I was not having any of that.

I also talked to another guy at work who parks his bike in the lot and a few days earlier had been hit. THe person wasn't paying attention and hit his bike, knocked it over and did a lot of minor damage. Evil

Jim out

·
Registered
73 Posts
would like to

I would like to ride into work every once in a while, but i work in a high rise office building not sure if the building management would complain about me parking on the sidewalk. All of the parking garages arround the area won't accept bikes ( not sure why ). The only other place to park would be on the street and i wouldnt feel safe doing so. So i took the bus again today. :(

·
Registered
482 Posts
One of these days it's gonna get knocked down.

I rarely park on the sidewalk. I dont know if it is illegal to park on the sidewalk or not (here).

MSF course says to treat the motorcycle as another motor vehicle and hopefully be treated as such by others. Why park it like a bicycle.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
True story...I received a parking ticket on day at the Pueblo Park Mall. I was looking for a parking spot when I noticed a group of four Hardleys already parked in two regular cage spaces. There was plenty of room left in one space so I parked my GSX-R750 amongst them....always looking to push a button or two.....anyways....when I return 30 minutes later I notice a parking ticket inside my windscreen. The other four Hardleys did not have a ticket on their rides....just mine:( . I wish I had my digital camera that day so I would have some ammo in court. I quess that is what I get for mixing with the WRONG CROWD.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
If they let you (sportbike) rider park on sidewalk ----

---& no child has touched the 'can' to cry out in pain due to the heat (remember that young children cannot stand HOT water for a batch, just imagine what it will be like if H/D, Cruisers & other types of bikes do the same then some young one ends up burning their hand on a header pipe ---- so give it some serious though.
In many towns, cities & States it is illegal to park on sidewalks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Parking your Investment

I won't consider parking my bike in the parking lot alonside cars. It's just too hard to see the bike as they're (drivers) looking for a spot closest to the door so their lazy asses don't have to walk more than 75 feet! A friend of mine bought a GSXR600 on a Fri. and on Sat. morning he parked at a local grocery store parking lot. He returned to his bike to find that someone had knocked it down and done about $800 worth of damage. :mad:

The possible ticket or harassment for parking on the sidewalk sounds cheaper to me.

RIDE ON....

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Gimpdiggity said:
If they burn themselves, it serves them right for touching something that isn't theirs...

I hate little kids that can't keep their hands to themselves.

**edited for spelling**
I usually park mine in the parking lot, but I agree with this. Its not the kids fault necessarily, most of them probably don't regularly see sportbikes, and a childs natural curiousity makes them want to touch it. I hate the parents that are too busy and can't be bothered to watch their rugrats and keep them under control. If you aren't willing to watch after your kids, you probably shouldn't have had them, and don't blame me when they hurt themself on my bike because you didn't watch them. Its not my job to babysit your kids. :finger:

·
Some days are like this.
3,132 Posts
I saw the "spank me" option and that's as far as I got! ;)

I park in the parking lot towards the end of the space. Been lucky so far (knock on wood)...

·
Registered
254 Posts
spicersh said:
If you aren't willing to watch after your kids, you probably shouldn't have had them, and don't blame me when they hurt themself on my bike because you didn't watch them.
Heh, let the child pull the bike over on themselves one day. They'll learn.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i park my bike on the sidewalk or just anywhere but in a parking spot. my friend had his bike mistaked for a speed bump to a mom in an urban assualt vehicle. the woman continued to back completely over the bike until she SAW it in front of her! :eek:

·
Some days are like this.
3,132 Posts
ZzZzZ KiD ZzZzZ said:
i park my bike on the sidewalk or just anywhere but in a parking spot. my friend had his bike mistaked for a speed bump to a mom in an urban assualt vehicle. the woman continued to back completely over the bike until she SAW it in front of her! :eek:
Yet another reason to ban soccer moms from SUVs. :finger:

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
spicerke said:

Yet another reason to ban soccer moms from SUVs. :finger:
Says the girl driving the 2001 Montero Sport Limited....:twofinger :twofinger

Ok everyone, I better get some laughs out of that, since I'm not getting anything else for a while because of it....:crying: :crying:

·
Some days are like this.
3,132 Posts
spicersh said:

Says the girl driving the 2001 Montero Sport Limited....:twofinger :twofinger
[/i]
Only because you won't let me ride my bike. A$$hole. :finger:

Ohyah.. this coming from the pansy driving the GIRLY CAVALIER! HAHAHHAAAAAAA

Ahhhh, yes, once again the Spicers have descended into domestic violence on the SBW boards.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Remember the child with severly burned hand.

Well you will be looking at a severe law-suit & they will WIN.
In the parking lot then it is the problem of the parents as it is for parking of all vehicles while the sidewalk is for HUMANS & NOT for m/cs!!!!!!!!
You may not like kids & I darn well do not, but I know what is RIGHT & WRONG when it comes to children.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
I never said anything about not liking children. I love kids. I just can't stand people who don't watch their kids and then blame me for something that their rugrat did. I understand and encourage curiousity for children. Thats the best way to learn. I also believe that until a child can make a good decision on what is safe and not safe that it is the parents responsibility to do so.

I agree, if a child is hurt by a hot can or header or even pulls a bike over on themself and it was parked on a sidewalk, then they do have a legitimate lawsuit. I do think it should be a double-edge sword though....punish the rider for illegally parking his bike, but also punish the parents for not watching their kids.

It doesn't have to just be kids though....I've seen a number of times a rider will pull into a spot and go into a store and as soon as he is out of sight some punk ass teen runs over and sits on it. Those are the bastards I hope burn the shit out of themselves. I guess its all about respecting other peoples property.

I always park my bike in the lot. All I can control is my own actions. As long as I do everything legal then any blame is on the other guy. Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Ok i must live in a different world than the rest of you people. I couldn't believe that anyone parks their bike on a sidewalk. The thought had never even entered my mind. If i did that, it would be towed by the time i got out of the store.

I however, do park at the very beginning of the row at the mall. Where the space is to small for a car and has those white lines painted through it. One time i parked there as a rent-a-cop walked by. He looks at me and says "leave it there and i'll give you a ticket, its your choice". But there were a bunch of hot chicks standing outside so I walked by him and said " put down the dounut and give me a ticket then". So that night i got a 10 dollar ticket and a date. :cool:

·
Some days are like this.
3,132 Posts
Tippman,

After spicersh, you're my next hero! That rules... rent a cops suck. :twofinger How did the date go?

p.s... becasue I have absolutely NO self control and a sick sense of humor... gixxer, gixxer, gixxer.....

1 - 20 of 39 Posts