Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
My rear tire is worn out, so I'm thinking of ordering one online, then have it mounted, but not sure where to go for mounting. Any advice? Thanks!

Jblue,

Not sure what area you are from, but alot of us dal with STG (Sportbike Track Gear).. They are at 26 mile and Mound, and are very competitive with prices. I am pretty sure that if you buy the tires from them, they install for free. Check it out!

Good kuck

Jon

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Well, depending on where you live, you could also take it to Don Proctor, who lives in the Plymouth/Canton area.

Or Chuck in Warren or STG on VanDyke and 26/27 mile rd.
Nope sorry Don Proctor no longer lives in Northville, he moved to Toledo about 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
either STG or we have a tire machine. i think we charge $15 per tire for non members for the use of our tire machine (includes mounting and balancing).

·
Registered
443 Posts
Jonathan...

STG is where a lot of us purchase our tires, however the disadvantage is that they only seem to sell Michelin tires. Prices are the best, in fact better than most online retailers (they are an online store BTW). The do charge $30 to install a set of tires on the wheels and if they must take the wheel off your bike, they will charge significantly higher amount. If you are interested call them and ask to speak with Nick or Jane.

http://sportbiketrackgear2.homestead.com/stghomepage.html

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Jonathan...

STG is where a lot of us purchase our tires, however the disadvantage is that they only seem to sell Michelin tires.

http://sportbiketrackgear2.homestead.com/stghomepage.html
That's not a disadvantage that's an advantage. Michelin are the best.

JBlue98..........

$134.95 for a standard Michelin Pilot Power rear tire and $30 to take off and mount the rear on your rim. No extra charge for taking off the old tire since we like you.:thumbs2:

·
Registered
443 Posts
That's not a disadvantage that's an advantage. Michelin are the best.
I am a fan of Michelin but not everyone is one! Once more... STG has the best deal on Michelin tires! all hail STG! :twofinger

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Doesn't Redline have a tire machine in Chucks backyard? :dunno:

mb.
Yup...free mount and balance for members. Come use the machine pretty much anytime or show up in the evening if you want a hand. Gotta take it off your bike until we buy some stands for the club that work with everyone's bikes.

Non-members are 20 a piece, 2 for 30...money goes back to the club. Either pre-pay using paypal or money order/check/cash. I'll email you with a time, weekends or evenings.

Or STG of course. :thumbs2:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Doesn't L7 also mount tires... I though I saw a tire mounting machine last time I was there... Maybe Scott can make an appearance and let us know!
I think Scott got banned from this site (stupid politics), but yes he does have a tire machine there. Not sure what he charges, but he's definitely another option. For what it's worth, a couple of sets of tire changes on the club changer pays for the cost of membership. However, I seem to remember JBlue98 having issues keeping the bike upright, so it might take him a while to go through that much rubber to make it worth while. :D

·
Registered
443 Posts
I think Scott got banned from this site (stupid politics), but yes he does have a tire machine there. Not sure what he charges, but he's definitely another option. For what it's worth, a couple of sets of tire changes on the club changer pays for the cost of membership. However, I seem to remember JBlue98 having issues keeping the bike upright, so it might take him a while to go through that much rubber to make it worth while. :D
He might want to put some rubber on the side of his bike!!!! :twofinger

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yes Scott at L7 does tires. Just had him put a set on my bike a few weeks ago. it was $50 per tire taking the bike to him and letting him do it all. My total out the door price with both tires Mich PPs and mounting was about $425.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Yes Scott at L7 does tires. Just had him put a set on my bike a few weeks ago. it was $50 per tire taking the bike to him and letting him do it all. My total out the door price with both tires Mich PPs and mounting was about $425.
About $350 for mounting, balancing, and taking Michelin Pilot Powers on and off the bike at STG. $310 if the tires are off the bike already. Plus you support a fellow Redline member.:thumbs2:

·
Registered
960 Posts
STG is the way to go for sure. I used to buy my tired from a friend on line. Just put my last rear on a week or so ago... which STG did for me. From now on... I will just skip the extra step and go to STG for it all.

Hmm... I think they sell sport touring also. -)

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
STG is the way to go for sure. I used to buy my tired from a friend on line. Just put my last rear on a week or so ago... which STG did for me. From now on... I will just skip the extra step and go to STG for it all.

Hmm... I think they sell sport touring also. -)
yup, ill be getting a new set of track rubber from them after this weekends trackday.

·
Registered
233 Posts
About $350 for mounting, balancing, and taking Michelin Pilot Powers on and off the bike at STG. $310 if the tires are off the bike already. Plus you support a fellow Redline member.:thumbs2:
What about a ride from STG to my house? I can walk to L7 in just over 10 minutes from my house. That makes it nice when your dropping off and picking up the bike.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts