Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of an online store to buy bike manuels (spelling?) from? I'd like to know everything possible about my beloved. Um, F4i that is. Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
298 Posts
Mortifer said:
Does anyone know of an online store to buy bike manuals from? I'd like to know everything possible about my beloved. Um, F4i that is.
The Real Thing, the official Honda service manual, is available either from a Honda dealer or from Helm Inc. Honda manuals describe model-specific procedures very well, IMHO. However, they assume knowledge of basic system operations that isn't necessarily obvious.

That gap is covered by a more general manual, "Honda Common Service Manual". It contains the same sort of chapters as the model-specific manuals, but covers topics at a different level. E.g., Chapter 5, "Cooling System", first describes in general how the system and its components work, then proceeds to inspection and maintenance at a general level. My VFR manual, OTOH, skips the principles and generalities and describes the procedures in a detailed way, with photos of the actual components.

I recommend buying a copy of the Common Service Manual to go along with your CBR manual. Even if you understand the basics pretty well, you'll find enlightening explanations of the more obscure bits. You can order it from a Honda dealer as part number 61CM001. Or you can find it at the Helm Inc. website by entering "common" in the keyword field of the search screen (after selecting service manuals for Honda motorcycles).

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info;) I had no idea they would be so much, but its worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts