Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It sounded deep and throaty when I first installed my Yoshimura RS3 Race canister. But now it sounds higher pitched. Don't get me wrong it still sounds nice, but is that what happens when it breaks in.

·
Registered
577 Posts
thats what happens to the aftermarket exhaust system as it gets a few heat cycles through it, the fiberglass packing gets hard and doesn't absorb the sound as well, in a few years you might want to repack the muffler. :2cents:

·
Registered
577 Posts
yes i have repacked a muffler, I had a two brothers full system on my last motorcycle a 1998 suzuki bandit 1200. I repacked the muffler when I had 45000 miles on it, probably didn't really need it, the sound level was a bit higher then when the muffler was new but that might have been more from me intentionally making the bike back fire. It was real loud (105db) when I had it WFO which was about 50% of the time when I lived down in L.A.; so I repacked it before I traded it in on my z1000. -100db will damage your hearing with prolonged exposure- and a typical racing exhaust will be 100 to 103db new when your bike is making maximum power.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts