Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe there aren't more posts here. I don't own one, but do ride with a guy who has one. Last year he had a Buell, but it kept falling apart if he revved it over 4000, which is what you have to do to really ride it.

Now he has a Falco, black. Very nice. Beautiful. Race pipes sound great. Makes me suck wind. He can nail me on the straight, and he's better in the corners than he was on the Buell. My bike is a pig compared to his.

I would think that Aprilia enthusiasts would be here touting their most recent feats and experiences on those great machines. Where are you guys?

P

·
0 Posts
KenVF1000R said:
I would think that Aprilia enthusiasts would be here touting their most recent feats and experiences on those great machines. Where are you guys?
Aprilia owners are very similar to Ducati owners. High-browed snotty types who think their fecal matter has no odor. They think they are too good for the rest of the motorcycling world, so they congregate on their own little brand-specific message boards and thumb their noses at everyone else. It's that whole "I buy Italian" ego trip.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Re: Re: Where are all of you Aprilia riders?

Pete said:
...Ducati owners. High-browed snotty types who think their fecal matter has no odor. They think they are too good for the rest of the motorcycling world, so they congregate on their own little brand-specific message boards and thumb their noses at everyone else. It's that whole "I buy Italian" ego trip.
So I can assume you'll have your 996 next week?

·
Registered
59 Posts
If it was up to me I woudl get the Aprilia RST 1000 Futura. Then my $%&# would not stink. Just my poket book.

P

·
0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Where are all of you Aprilia riders?

748 abuser said:
So I can assume you'll have your 996 next week?
I'm having hard time choosing between the 996 and the Mille R, Paul.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Where are all of you Aprilia riders?

Pete said:
I'm having hard time choosing between the 996 and the Mille R, Paul.
That's o.k., Pete. As long as it's Italian, I don't think it really matters.

Welcome to the club.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Where are all of you Aprilia riders?

748 abuser said:

That's o.k., Pete. As long as it's Italian, I don't think it really matters.

Welcome to the club.
Don't give him the secret handshake just yet. He still has to go through the "I ride Italian so you can kiss my mother f**kin' ass" workshop, pass the tests, and survive initiation- or don't you remember ;)

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
KenVF1000R said:
I can't believe there aren't more posts here. I don't own one, but do ride with a guy who has one. Last year he had a Buell, but it kept falling apart if he revved it over 4000, which is what you have to do to really ride it.

Now he has a Falco, black. Very nice. Beautiful. Race pipes sound great. Makes me suck wind. He can nail me on the straight, and he's better in the corners than he was on the Buell. My bike is a pig compared to his.

And lastly....I'm right here. Anyone else on a Falco/Mille/Futura/250/Scooter out there (add chirping sound of crickets here ;) ).

Funny you should mention that about the Buell. I chose the Falco over the X1 Lightning for just that reason. Was your friend riding the X1? Beautiful bike, but I have heard many nightmare stories about reliability.

Enjoy the pic...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
KenVF1000R said:

And lastly....I'm right here. Anyone else on a Falco/Mille/Futura/250/Scooter out there (add chirping sound of crickets here ;) ).

Funny you should mention that about the Buell. I chose the Falco over the X1 Lightning for just that reason. Was your friend riding the X1? Beautiful bike, but I have heard many nightmare stories about reliability.

Enjoy the pic, one of these I'll actually take one of my own instead of using these stock things...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Where are all of you Aprilia riders?

Stake said:
Don't give him the secret handshake just yet. He still has to go through the "I ride Italian so you can kiss my mother f**kin' ass" workshop, pass the tests, and survive initiation- or don't you remember ;)
I initiated the workshop. I try to teach the Ducatisti that you even give the finger to other Ducati riders. If their bike is stock, you just look the opposite direction and shake your head.

Oh yeah, although I'll keep my really expensive, high maintenance, hand built, finely tuned, Italian work of art, my next bike is the Mille.

Y'all haven't seen "Dick" yet! :D

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Choices...

I am a Ducatisti, but I must admit, everything I read makes me think that my next bike might be a Mille R. Many writers say they are easy to ride fast. There is a magazine article out right now where they gathered about 17 sportbikes and hundreds of magazine people from around the U.S. and europe and tested all of the bikes at a track in Spain.

The Mille R was the second fastest bike on the track, with a track time about .08 sec. slower than the (nose turned up) GSXR1000.

It was faster than the 996S and 996R.

Plus you don't have to wait 8 mo. and kiss a Ducati dealer's ass to get one.

Pretty tempting, but what if the NEW Ducati is better?

Maybe I'll let my butler decide.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Re: Choices...

desmo079 said:
I am a Ducatisti... Maybe I'll let my butler decide.
A most excellent idea, my colleague.

My doorman convinced me to go ahead and get the big-bore kit.
My gardener decided it would be best if I installed all carbon fiber bodywork.
Even my chef had some input. He recommended the Ohlins steering dampener.
My maid, she thought titanium pipes would be good, so now I let her clean them.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Re: Where are all of you Aprilia riders?

Stake said:

Enjoy the pic...
NIce pic. I had a magazine ad with that color Falco in my UPS truck for awhile. It said "Can you be arrested for driving while infatuated," and was a rear quarter view of a guy leaned over.

His bike was a Lightning, but I don't know if that means it was also an X1. He had that nuclear purple frame too. It was pretty, but obnoxiously loud. It would shear off exhaust manifold studs at the head, and vibrate the welds on the muffler (Buell racing muffler) until they cracked. It happened every time he rode it hard.

P

·
0 Posts
Re: Re: Choices...

748 abuser said:

All I got was "Me no speek Eengliss."

S

·
0 Posts
Re: Re: Choices...

748 abuser said:

A most excellent idea, my colleague.

So who told you to paint it ?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts