Sportbike World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering when we are going to get together again and go rip up on the twisties and sweepers? Just getting an itch to get out there on my new bike and have some fun.........Maybe April 13th if possible. Weather is starting to get a little hot so it would have to start early like maybe 8am or so.

Please let me know what you all think. Erica, I want to get out and ride with you and maybe learn some things from you on this svs!;)

·
Registered
97 Posts
April 13th sounds good to me! Where to this time?

Been feeling even more confident in my riding, so maybe I won't be so far behind!;) fat chance!:rolleyes: I'll just have to steal the R1 then! But Chris told me that he could still beat me if I were riding that and he was on a pocket bike!!:eek: oh, well...

-Sheri

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Geez that wasn't very nice of him......I don't think you will be far behind. I'm still trying to break in my bike and all. I'm doing really good with it now that I am used to the bike.

I was thinking maybe Payson or Prescott or something.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Either one, I'm up for it. Given the choice, I'd rather do Prescott though. ;)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Prescott should be much warmer this time of year, so maybe I can move this time up, last time I had so many layers of clothes I felt like Nanook from the north! I could barely move my arms!
Which way up? Through Yarnell? Hmmm, those twisties right before Prescott ought to be interesting for me! But I'm willing to do it! A challenge is always fun!
As far a Chris' shit talking, one day I WILL be able to kick his ass! One day...... He might be 80, but one day I will blow by him with my ass in the air wiggling it at HIM, like he does to me! mmmm, revenge!:D ( a little competition is good fo you, isn't it?!):rolleyes:

-Sheri

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those were fightin' words

Prescott sounds better to me too. I don't know if you want to go up Yarnell way only because the man is everywhere on that road. We've got the sweepers again if we go I-17 straight out. Or if you really want the tight twisties we can go Yarnell, Wickenberg then Prescott. If you guys want we can stop at my mom's and won't have to pay for lunch. ;)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey MA!! You better git to Costco cause I am bringing home a bunch of biker chicks for lunch!:eek:

Don't think I have to worry about the MAN, I am sure that my speed through Yarnell won't exceed the speed limit enough to provoke him (tho he might get me for going under?!) j/k:rolleyes:

What ever ya want I'm in!

-Sheri

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya Sheri, kinda like Chris Farley's incident in his movie Black Sheep. When that cop pulls him over for doing 7mph and he stops in the middle of the road...........HAHAHAHA:D

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I"d vote for NOT doing Yarnell, I have 1.5 years left before I can do traffic school again. ;)

·
Registered
97 Posts
What a bunch of WUSSY'S!!:twofinger :D j/k!

Which other way to get there? I only know of a freeway- will we take that?
Corrie, whats your mom fixen us for lunch? I'll take steak and lobster.......

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i was thinking along the lines of samiches or something.....yarnell is just to slow to take and if we went that way trust me. i won't have a clean record and erica won't be able to go to traffic school with me:finger:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You are to funny ELO...... I hate to do this to you girls, but I'm goign to have to reschedule this. I forgot that one my mom is needing me to pick her up at the airport and Andy is hoping to be racing CCS that weekend.
So let's make it for the 20th. Which would be a Sat. as well. I'll post all the details sometime early next week.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Cool:cool:
Hopefully the weather will be nice that weekend, its thundering and lightning out today:(

I wait all week for my freedom to ride all day, and then it goes and rains! This is AZ, its supposed to be the desert! :finger:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will post a new ride schedule, so on and so forth within the next couple of days to get the weather and all and where , when all that great crap....:D

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
In light of trying to keep myself in one piece for the pocketbike races at Willow Springs on the 27-28, I think I'm gonna have to back out of this ride. Sorry girls, but I just can't risk hurting myself, these races are too important to me. :(

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Erica- no need to worry. i am not exactly sure when we are going to do this. it all depends on when we can get andy out on the track to race for ccs. we'll keep you posted and you can decide from there;)

hey, where did you get your gel seat and how much was it? also is it lower and if so by how much?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I guess I won't be going on this ride afterall...

However, have fun, but be careful! I went up twords Prescott through way of Yarnell last weekend, and of, course, there are speed traps! And getting into the twisties at the higher elevations is black ice! I had thought it was just water, but once your ass slides on you a few times, you get the picture! :rolleyes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts