Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a group of 50-60 riders at a time here in Bakersfield,CA. We have no "club" name, no group T-shirts, nothing that says we are a club of any kind. We have a "select "group of riders (not excluding myself) that are, well, crazy. to say the least. 5 mile wheelies, block long stoppys, standing on the seats, you get what I mean. We are constantly getting speaches that the cops are after us. And yet we persist to push the envelope of graditude every Tuesday (bike night) evening. Because there are different riders in the group, there are different opinions in the matter. Extreme riders cant get enough of the pulse pounding action, while the reserved riders are always mad about the Crazy riding that goes on. Ideas from clubs? people? experiances? solutions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,322 Posts
dangerous grounds

Without issuing any type of an opinion on my part, I just thought it fair to warm you...you're asking the WROOONG group of people here bro. Prepare to be flamed...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: now it's time for...

CBR Brutha said:
...my opinion: I think you're an idiot and give all who ride a bad name.:eek: :mad:
Well, Brutha, I did buy my bike to ride and not just to look at. Are you saying that all who ride for fun and do stunts, are giving sportbike riders a bad name? The big names in racing that do major wheelies and burnouts, at the end of races, are giving themselves a bad name? Just like I said, There are diferent riders in all groups, you, have just proven that you ride alone.:twofinger
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,517 Posts
Re: Re: now it's time for...

RACIN929 said:

The big names in racing that do major wheelies and burnouts, at the end of races, are giving themselves a bad name?

Umm, They're on a race track :rolleyes: ~ Which is where you should go.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,416 Posts
this is soon to turn ugly :( o well ya win some ya lose some.....dude just keep on doing what you do and let others think what they want, no matter what people say to you you are going to do whatever you want anyway right? so JUST DO IT (dam now where have i heard that before :twofinger )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
your right! I am gonna do what I want. That wasnt the question though, my question is what to do about the group handling the situation at hand. Dont everybody here have someone that is a crazy nut in thier group? or am wrong in assuming there are people that are nuts everywhere. You guys act like everybody in the world rides as reserved as you talk.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
Dont everybody here have someone that is a crazy nut in thier group?
I've heard about a group in Bakersfield that does. I am sure they are so proud.:) Nature has a interesting way of dealing with "crazy nuts". Be sure to let us know how it turns out.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
I guess to each his own.

I personally think there is a place and time for doing "wild" things. If you're doing them on the street, you're endangering not only yourself but others. HOWEVER, if that's a risk you're willing to take, just don't come back and Bitch about it when you get arrested or hurt or something.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:cool: we do usually block a big street, no traffic or peds. and yes gimp, there is a time and place for that kinda stuff. When your riding with a group of that size, its kinda hard to try and "settle" people down to ride conservative. But thats what must be done
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
RACIN929 said:
We have a group of 50-60 riders at a time here in Bakersfield,CA. We have no "club" name, no group T-shirts, nothing that says we are a club of any kind. We have a "select "group of riders (not excluding myself) that are, well, crazy. to say the least. 5 mile wheelies, block long stoppys, standing on the seats, you get what I mean. We are constantly getting speaches that the cops are after us. And yet we persist to push the envelope of graditude every Tuesday (bike night) evening. Because there are different riders in the group, there are different opinions in the matter. Extreme riders cant get enough of the pulse pounding action, while the reserved riders are always mad about the Crazy riding that goes on. Ideas from clubs? people? experiances? solutions.
How about you just split the group up? That way, those that want to do the "crazy" stuff can go their way, and the other people don't have to worry about being lumped in with your group. You can all meet for the get together and shoot the shit, then go separate ways when it's time to ride.

Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Hey, just pick the time and places - bikes are simply a pallet for expression. I can't do block long wheelies or stoppies, but I can ride very fast through the twisties - for which I get criticized at times. Peers within the group can make the "rules" for others to follow or break - it's a part of being social.

If guys want to play in the group, they usually stay around the "rules". Or else you find a new group...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,490 Posts
skidmarx said:
Peers within the group can make the "rules" for others to follow or break - it's a part of being social.

If guys want to play in the group, they usually stay around the "rules". Or else you find a new group...
You asked for answers, there it is. Not real complicated. You are with the group because....you want to be with those riders? Sounds to me like you want to ride wilder than the group as a whole is comfortable with.

You can start your own club, one with the wild ass riders in it. Isn't that what you want? Company?

Most groups have to establish boundaries that are legal. Yes it is a social thing. Most folks want it kept social, as in "out of custody" and not on the arraignment calendar for Monday.:rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
425 Posts
enough???

I have ridden with a similiar group before and it is a little scary.People in cages that try to cut you off because the group you ride with are scaring them,although this happens in a rural area.The one rule they have is to ride very slow when passing people riding horses(they`re just too unpredictable).Usually I`ll just ask where they will end up(Starbucks or the like)and ride with them for a bit then break off and meet up with them later.I think I rode with them maybe 6 times last year and 4 of those 6 times,someone went into the ditch with no serious injuries and the bikes somewhat rideable.So when is enough,enough?-I don`t know,depends on your comfort level,I guess.Sometimes the adrenalin is very addicting when riding at or above your skill level with the down side of being escorted to jail and your bike impounded.Just when do you draw the line?..................ken.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
710 Posts
RACIN929 said:
Dont everybody here have someone that is a crazy nut in thier group?
No. I ride with those I am comfortable with. There are enough variables out there trying to kill me to begin with. The last thing I need is another one that is ever-present.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
282 Posts
Stake said:

No. I ride with those I am comfortable with. There are enough variables out there trying to kill me to begin with. The last thing I need is another one that is ever-present.
It's wussies like you that give sportbikers a bad name! Grow a set of kahuna's!:finger:
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top