Sportbike World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the two type of wheelies and what's the difference between them? I just started riding in Mar and purchased my first bike(2007 GSX-R750) in April. I have friends that ride R1's and Busa's that pick it up in the freeway and wonder how they do it, and how do I do it? I have a two bros slip on and a bmc filter on my bike, just FYI.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Five months riding and you're already looking to trash your bike? Why?

BTW, way too much bike to learn to ride on, let alone learn to stunt on. :2cents:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, it doesn't matter if it a 250, 500, or whatever if it's more than you can handle then it's too much, regardless of how many cc's. I've seen people fall on 600 Katana's. Plus it's a little like a first car, regardless of what happens its going to have some damage done to it. But anyway, I can pick up easily but just wanted a lil bit of knowledge about doing wheelies and different ways to do'em, but instead I just got a question for an answer. So far I've done pretty good by putting 6,400 miles on it and only doing a wheelie every now and again. But I heard this was a good forum to get info from and so far I've gotten a question in return.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Yes, this is a great forum, especially for people wanting to learn things.

You've gotta understand, though, that this is a public forum and a lot of people in this world, myself and several other members here included, believe in the "safely, safely" method of learning to ride.

So, when I see a post from a new member (who's had a whole five months' experience on his not-a-beginner's-bike) asking for advice on wheelie's, I can't help but put forward my opinion.

I'm sorry that it's not quite what you're looking for. I shan't offer you any more advice in this thread, okay?

Oops, just left you with another question. ;)

·
Registered
452 Posts
whatttt ? !

there is TWO TYPES of wheelies ? what ! ! ! !

wheel goes up, wheel goes down. . . how many differations can there be ! ? !

·
Registered
196 Posts
ummmmm
sit down wheelies?
Stand ups?
high chairs?
12's?
circles?

Is that what your asking?

Ohh shit.....I'm gunna get flamed on again by the "veterans" because I'm in the "stunting" forum......:eek: :laughing:

I'M OUT!!:thumbs2:

~Mike

·
Registered
41 Posts
WristTwister164 said:
ummmmm

Ohh shit.....I'm gunna get flamed on again by the "veterans" because I'm in the "stunting" forum......:eek: :laughing:

I'M OUT!!:thumbs2:

~Mike
Nice to see a sense of humor. I liked that!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well “Mr. Totaled” zx6r you can do a power wheelie or you can use the clutch.
Next, it’s cute to be concerned but if you’re not going to tell the person what they want to know or asked then your concern is worthless cuz that’s not what the person is asking for. Also, unless you know the person riding or trying to learn no one on this forum or anywhere else is qualified to say what a beginners bike is for anybody. And my GSX-R 750 is my beginner’s bike unless someone here knows me better than I know myself. How do you know if I’m being safe or not? Stop judging!!!!!!!
This is why they make smaller bikes-“The manufacturers are again starting to get the word about smaller cc bikes. They are again making them so that you have the opportunity to learn on a bike that will fit your learning curve.”

Read something- http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/school.htm

What that Deuce like?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Something like that wristtwister. Thanks for the answer though. But I won't be trying any other than doing the lil sit downs every now again. :thumb:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Re: whatttt ? !

ochoa0042 said:
there is TWO TYPES of wheelies ? what ! ! ! !

wheel goes up, wheel goes down. . . how many differations can there be ! ? !
I was saying that as a joke . . . piss off

·
Registered
452 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
wow no one has answered your question lol i would if i could but i cant i have had the same question and if a yamaha r6 could power weelie but ya power u crank the throttle the other one u just slip the sluthc but hmmm somone msart answer him ?

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
I don't understand what cookie expects to accomplish with these posts. Sure he's right. A 750 is a poor beginner bike, and 5 month experience is too early for any stunts, but does he really expect the guy to go in a trade in his bike for something more friendly? The chances of that are somewhere around zero, and the chances of the guy not trying to stunt are only slightly above that. So why not give the obligatory "this is all a very bad idea" disclaimer, and follow it up with the best explanation possible, emphasizing things like "Wear all your gear!" and "Cover the rear brake!". If the guy is obviously going to try it anyway, he might as well have the best advice...

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
<snip> If the guy is obviously going to try it anyway, he might as well have the best advice...
I presume you meant second best advice ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Next, it’s cute to be concerned but if you’re not going to tell the person what they want to know or asked then your concern is worthless cuz that’s not what the person is asking for. Also, unless you know the person riding or trying to learn no one on this forum or anywhere else is qualified to say what a beginners bike is for anybody. And my GSX-R 750 is my beginner’s bike unless someone here knows me better than I know myself. How do you know if I’m being safe or not? Stop judging!!!!!!!
This is why they make smaller bikes-“The manufacturers are again starting to get the word about smaller cc bikes. They are again making them so that you have the opportunity to learn on a bike that will fit your learning curve.”

Read something- http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/school.htm

What that Deuce like?
Excuse me while I just break down everything you said here that I laughed at....

Well, if you knew the two, why'd you ask? tsk tsk.

Next, it’s cute to be concerned but if you’re not going to tell the person what they want to know or asked then your concern is worthless cuz that’s not what the person is asking for.
Well, you asked advice on a topic, it just so happens, "wheelieing" has many sub topics beneath it, most prevalent of those topics is SAFETY! and that is exactly what these kind folk are doing, offering advice about your topic, when you ask "how do i do wheelies?" they are obviously going to give you warning, it would be stupid and morally incorrect for someone to give a "noob" advice on how to kill themselves.

Also, unless you know the person riding or trying to learn no one on this forum or anywhere else is qualified to say what a beginners bike is for anybody. And my GSX-R 750 is my beginner’s bike unless someone here knows me better than I know myself.
No these people probably (I'm willing to bet) don't know you better than you know yourself, but they sure as hell know riding better than you, and that's what you're wondering about is it not? riding a bike. And I'm sure you will be able to find something saying "THIS IS NOT A BEGINNERS BIKE" the R6's have them in most of their advertisements I have seen, do you know why? cause no beginner, no matter how "big and strong" he thinks he is, is capable of handling a machine that big which can go faster than you do during sex ok?

Then, the REALLY funny oxymoron that you state IN THIS THREAD is this:

How do you know if I’m being safe or not? Stop judging!!!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHA, how do we know?? hmmm? YOU MADE A FUCKING THREAD ASKING HOW TO DO WHEELIES BECAUSE YOU SAW YOUR FRIENDS DOING THEM!!! what are you 7? "do you want your training wheels taken off too cause your friend doesn't need them anymore and you don't want to look uncool?"

Now, I'm new around here, I don't got much Cred, you may see me as arogant, or even ignorant, but I don't really care, I just want you to know these 3 words......."You're an Idiot"

Thanks.

-Jmart

P.S. You should take a tip from my Sig, if you're able to understand it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts