Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chris, you forgot the first rule of wheelies:

Never use your own bike! You should always borrow someone else's bike (Preferably another R1, 929, or ZX-9) and THEN use the wide open in first gear/drop the clutch technique!

If they aren't sure about lending you their bike, just tell them that you rode a dirt bike when you were a kid, so it's no problem...

:D :D :D

------------------
Life is hard.
It's even harder when you're stupid.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,294 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AZ Scott:
Chris, you forgot the first rule of wheelies:

Never use your own bike! You should always borrow someone else's bike (Preferably another R1, 929, or ZX-9) and THEN use the wide open in first gear/drop the clutch technique!

If they aren't sure about lending you their bike, just tell them that you rode a dirt bike when you were a kid, so it's no problem...

:D :D :D

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AZ ROFLMAO!!

True - True.



------------------
I've got what it takes to take what you've got.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,294 Posts
I have a 2000 Model R1 with 10 miles on
it. Could someone please tell me how to pull
wheelies? :D :D

Chris :p :cool: :p


------------------
I've got what it takes to take what you've got.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
hold the clutch in

put it in first gear

crank the throttle to FULL

when the tach is in the red, quickly pop the clutch.

the front wheel should come off the ground.

good luck, let us know what happened.



------------------
texas tornado #2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
582 Posts
Being that you are new to this board, I'll take your question seriously.. First you get on you bike, with your helmet on and start your bike...Pull the clutch in and put your bike in 1st gear...Do not let go of the clutch YET...proceed to rev the motor to at LEAST 8000 rpm, and let that clutch go!!!!AT this point you should be ready to wheelie, just make sure that the bike doesn't land on you....P.S. If that doesn't work, try it on your bicycle a few times,until lyou get the "hang" of it, and then get back on your motorbike...Good luck!!! Jimmy G

------------------
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,294 Posts
I tried your suggested method(s), now I can't
find my bike - I think it's stuck in a tree.
Any other suggestions?


------------------
I've got what it takes to take what you've got.

[This message has been edited by chris_y2k_r1 (edited August 25, 2000).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
I have found the best way for getting the front tire off the ground is to have RugRash's wife sit on the back of the bike.

------------------
"I See Dead People"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,093 Posts
You know Group, 99% of the riders out there are the best people you'd ever want to meet-you're the other 1%.

------------------
"If everything's coming your way-
you're in the wrong lane"

Clark
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Stop it your gonna make me cry. I happen to like being in that one percent catagory. It has it's advantages.

------------------
"I See Dead People"
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,294 Posts
Will, if you promise not to fire me, I'll give
you a dollar. :D

Chris

------------------
I've got what it takes to take what you've got.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
>>>>>>You know Group, 99% of the riders out there are the best people you'd ever want to meet-you're the other 1%.

Well Rugburn, I'm new to "that 1%" and this post is one of the reasons I like being in it . . . I'm still laughing outloud at this one. :) :D :D :)

------------------
Marty

[This message has been edited by [email protected] (edited August 25, 2000).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
how many people can be in the 1% group (no pun intended group23) cause i may be interested also ? :rolleyes:

------------------
texas tornado #2
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top