Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is more fun...wheelies or speed. I prefer speed. I think wheelies are cooler to watch other riders do than to do them myself. (granted i am not good at them..YET:drool: )

·
Registered
298 Posts
Try cornering

RUFFRYDA said:
Which is more fun...wheelies or speed?
Learn to corner. It's way more fun than either straight-line speed or dopey stunts. Throwing a motorcycle into a turn hard, railing through at a high lean angle, and accelerating out at the limit of traction is the reason I ride.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have to go along with Dan. Wheelies are fun and they look cool, speed is also fun under the right conditions. But, you need to learn how to RIDE the motorcycle first. There's a lot more to it than wheelies and going fast in a straight line.

It really scares me to think of someone doing those two without learning the rest of it. Even more than others that don't know how to ride yet. That's because people going fast and riding wheelies (or trying to) are MUCH more likely to get themselves into a situation where they need good riding skills to get themselves out of it. Mistake + lack of skills = crash.....simple formula.

Forget the high speed stuff and wheelies for the time being and really learn to ride. The rest of it will come naturally. DO NOT let friends influence you to do things you aren't ready for, and keep the testoserone in check. If it seems like it's too dangerous or could be, it most likely is. Don't be a squid.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i love the speed can't get enough of it:drool: :drool: :drool: . but i've been practicing the wheelies:D .

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Tristan said:
Dan, you might as well be showing card tricks to dogs.
ROFLMAO...:D

DataDan, I have to agree...I used to pull wheelies, but you're right, the real rush comes when you're pushin' the tires to their edge and using the footpegs to make sparks (just call me Troy;))! :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I understand where you guys are coming from. The truth is that I do already know how to ride w/skill. I didn't mean to make you all think I was all about the squidly shit because I definetely am NOT. I have a family to look after and plenty of bills to pay and don't feel like kicking out a $500 deductible because I pulled a wheelie in the wrong place at the wrong time!!
I just wanted to hear other peoples opinions on the the subject.:)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Brad,
I don't have the GSF1200 (Bandit) anymore....:D

·
Registered
68 Posts
yes, definately the old peg grinding cornering is by far the best rush.

Mike

·
Registered
107 Posts
RUFFRYDA said:
I understand where you guys are coming from. The truth is that I do already know how to ride w/skill. I didn't mean to make you all think I was all about the squidly shit because I definetely am NOT. I have a family to look after and plenty of bills to pay and don't feel like kicking out a $500 deductible because I pulled a wheelie in the wrong place at the wrong time!!
I just wanted to hear other peoples opinions on the the subject.:)
no need to defend yourself, any mention of the word "wheelie" will spark a flame around here.

·
Old Guy
87 Posts
Low-level flying (90 mph or so) for hours at a time on open road, no traffic. The curves are also right up there, but I don't get to do that much unless I low-level fly for at least 10 hours straight.
Wheelies and extreme acceleration are very low on my list (but they ARE on my list). For me, stoppies are just a spectator sport.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts