Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

Once I get the bike looked over, I eventually want to start popping wheelies on the ZX7R... How easy is it to wheelie on this bike? Is the approach the same as I've heard for my F4? Is this a bike I can simply roll on to a wheelie?

Thanks!

--Tai

------------------

·
Registered
186 Posts
Sounds like a 7 or 8 grand "throttle cracker" to me. Be at about 7k - 8k rpm close the throttle for the front end to drop and then pin it wide open. Up you go. If it doesn't work you're either sitting too close to the front or you need less gas in your tank.
If this doesn't work then you can always try clutch wheelies. Which, I believe, is just plain bad on your bike.

------------------
Dan...Comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by iowazx6r:

If this doesn't work then you can always try clutch wheelies. Which, I believe, is just plain bad on your bike.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And just plain dangerous, Russian Roulette
really. You never know how fast the front
will come up with clutching, be careful if
you go that route.. But hey if you crash than
you can get an R1 and all you'll need to do
is hit the gas!! :D :D

Whhhooooo aaaaahhhh! J/K Bro!

Chris :p :cool: :p

------------------
Anyone got a rear tire I can borrow?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Guys I ride with on zx7's seem to have no problem with wheelies. Get the bike into the power band,7-8000 rpm in second gear,quickly close the throttle,wack the throttle open and give a good tug on the bars.The real trick with wheelies is throttle control.Once it starts to come up it takes good throttle control to keep it up without going over.At higher speeds a quick tug on the clutch, wack the throttle open and away you go.If done properly the stress on the bike is no worse than most stupid human tricks.

------------------

1 - 4 of 4 Posts