Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody dare try to pop up on a 2006 Yamaha R6 ? i havent had the cahones to try it yet. kinda nerve-rackin to pop up at 12K rpm... haha too bad thats where the power is... if any of you guys have done this successfully, please share. hahaha thanks

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I know a guy who does 2nd gear stand ups on his 2006 r1 that he just got. Those are freaking awesome machines. I'd stay just trottle it around 7-8k a bit and see if you can get it up. just be warry when you hit the max power spot cause you can flip very easily. Thats what happened to my friend and his r6 a few months back.

·
Registered
329 Posts
thats a beautiful bike man, dont wreck it. You dont need to be in the power to wheelie it though, you can clutch it up in first at a few grand. Get a beater or take it slow. good luck.

·
Registered
675 Posts
try clutching it up in 2nd... get the r's at about 8.5K and then clutch it up. That should give you enough room to ride it out a few hundred yards. I know this technique works well on the 05 r6.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have the 06 R6, wheelies are really easy on it. I wouldnt try power wheelies though, you dont get to ride them as easily when learning. Clutch it up from 6grand in first gear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts