Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anybody wheelie a honda vfr 750 94 in second gear, in first it is no problem but you cant wheelie that far in first so i want to bring it up in second is it possible???????

has anybody done it.

also i just got new tires so maby when i get my bike back i can do it

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was confused as to which post I should reply to. Next time, post once. :rolleyes:

As for wheelies, I would just clutch it up, or go buy a better bike for that kind of stuff. I hope you are keeping it off the streets.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ha sorry for all the post, but is it possible to bring it up in second, like have you ever seen or heard of anybody doing it. also im going to get a 2002 954 in a month but i want to wheelie the vfr now

·
Registered
196 Posts
Ya know, if they can wheelie a Gold Wing what are you whining about? Don't bother being an a$$ trying to wheelie. How about riding like someone who knows what they are doing?:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :2cents: :finger: :twofinger :D :D

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Got rid of the duplicate posts and moved this one into the Stunting forum, hopefully someone will have some constructive advice since it's in the proper place now. :2cents:

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
If bikes weren't designed to wheelie, then how come they do it under their own power with nothing more than straight throttle? I think you're kidding yourself, Smitty.

The VFR will wheelie in 2nd albeit a bit heavy of a bike to be doing so. You have to pull the clutch in at low Rs and let it out hard in the meat of the torque range. A buddy of mine has a VFR (Don't know exactly what year but it's close to 94 - it might even be a 94) and with some heavy clutch work he can bring it up and ride it out.

If you want to know where to clutch it, look at a dyno chart for your bike. See where the torque increases the most over the shortest span of RPM. The beginning RPMs of where that occurs is where you what to dump the clutch. So basically pull the clutch in at about 3000 RPMs before the max torque indicated by he dyno, the rev it up to the RPM where your strong torque is measured and let out the clutch.

Be forewarned using the clutch in this manner is tough on the bike. You'd be better off learning to shift from 1st to 2nd with the front wheel in the air. There are tons and tons of threads on wheelies and how to do them on ANY bike. Do a search.

Make sure you practice in a secluded area and wear your gear!!

Good luck and be careful!
Chris

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you for the reply i will try what you said.. and to everbody who was bashing me before.... what is the point? i just needed some advice not some bs responce.

·
Registered
329 Posts
yeah listen to chris_y2k_r1, as this is great advice. I have no experience with a vfr, but if done right im sure its possible, how long have you been riding? You may be fighting it more than you should subconciously!!
.:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya i tried the advice, but i still cant bring it up in second. in first gear i just crack the throttle and it comes right up and then i try to clutch it in second and i cant get it. i dont think it can be done. has anybody ever did it or know anybody who has. also i am going to seel the vfr in 2 weeks and im going to be a new 1000rr so then it will be no problem....

also i have been ridiing for 5 years and had this vfr the whole time

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ive owned a vfr750 (dont laugh an "88 model" ) for a couple of years now and dont have any problems at all lifting it in second gear.
Just use the clutch to get it up in first ( i usually bounce the front end to start off) then once up I ususally get it into 2nd as quick as I can, without using the clutch.
But Ive never been able to lift her starting in 2nd gear.
Have fun
Cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts