Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone. I'm new. I've been lurking for a while because I've never joined a chat room and am not sure about my first steps. But, boy am I glad I found you all! My current bike is a '97 ZX-11, all black and silver: no graphics. No aftermarket stuff yet except the Regina chain. I've been riding off and on (as marital and monetary circumstances allow) for 15 years now. This is only my second sportbike- the first was an EX500 (yep- I know: big jump from 500cc to 1100cc) I've got a couple of topics I'd like to air out but I'm getting long winded already. I fell into a repair/tune-up job and am unsure what to charge the guy. I'm doing a clutch, oil change, tune-up, and fixing the throttle cable. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also- its good to hear about all the women into this. I took my girlfriend shopping for a bike (her first) last week. She's picking up her '01 Suzuki SV650 this Friday. Keep the shiny side up, y'all.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Welcome!

SBW Welcomes you to the site. Congratulations on getting the misses involved in the sport. The SV-650 is a great bike.
Hope you two have plenty of fun riding togeether.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Welcome.
About the repair work. Personally I will not make money off of friends. But it didn't sound like you guys are buds so...I would call a shop and find out how much they would charge and the reduce the price for the dude depending on how much effort you have put into it. Maybe a little spending $ out of the deal?
Dude, if the lady is gonna start riding, you need to keep her!

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Welcome to SBW. :cool:

Great bike choice for the girlfriend. Don't be too disappointed if she is faster through the twisties. ;) If she gets too fast and pushes you too much then you can put restricters in her carbs while she is gone. That will slow her back down. :D

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Welcome, Steve!

Great bikes you have! Don't take that advice from RCJohn. He put the restrictors on his wifes SV-650, and she still kicks his ass in the twisties! :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
funksouljon: Thanks...that gives me some ideas....I'll let you know: he's droppin the gxxr off on Saturday
Belive me- this is one girl I'll just about break my back tryin got keep. Thanks Bro.
RCJohn: I give her until the end of July- then she'll be faster than me. You know how those young ones are- they still think they are bullet-proof. She's got a decent amount of respect/fear (at least on my ZX-11!) she should be okay. Besides...there are NO twisties here in the flatlands of KS. And hey RCJohn? don't sweat 748_Abuser razzing ya too much- If you're like me you dig chicks that kick ass! Thanks all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts