Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 61 7.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
It was either that or an HJC. I wanted one that was dot and snell approved. Its the galaxy model. I'm still kinda new at this. Is this a decent helmet or are the more expensive ones better? Anyways, never ride without it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Shoei RF800 Manako (blue with the eyes and teeth).

Got it cuz Ive worn other helmets that were less comfortable and didnt want to do it any more.

Also, because it was the most bad ass graphics scheme I could find.

JC

·
Registered
591 Posts
Got an Arai based on articles stating they fit some folks better than Shoei (seemed to be true in my case). Liked the original Schwantz design, so bought a black one and had painted to match my Concours. Got a Chandler replica 'cause I wanted something to match my 6R, and I was too lazy/cheap/in a hurry to have another one painted.

If Arai stops selling on the 'Net, I won't buy another. I've been impressed with the quality gains made by AGV over the years, so I may give them a try next time based on Arai's actions.
Heck...if I could'a found an AGV painted to match my 6R, I might have gone with 'em this time!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I got an Arai because J.D.Power & Associates said they are the shiznit.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have an HJC, and I think I may buy an AGV.

If you guys have any other ideas for polls such as this send them to me and I will post them in the Weekly Poll Forum.

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Had a HJC Fusion II...sold it after 4 months...

Got an ARAI..best helmet I'v owned, mainly becuase of the fit, snug, but not uncomfortable..this may sound weird, but I feel safer wearing it than other brands..?? Just look inside of an ARAI helmet...:D

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have an AGV, and I have to say it is shite..Its one of the cheaper models, and it feels really cheap.:crying:
Im sure the higher priced AGVs are alot better than the one I have.
Mine flexes alot around the base, and there is no protective banding around the bottom. I'll definately choose a little better next time

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
SniperCJ said:
Shoei RF800 Manako (blue with the eyes and teeth).
I have the same exact helmet.

I'd like to own an Arai, but I've got a "Shoei head". The Arai just does not fit my noggin.

I'd also love to try a Suomy, but can't find anyplace with one in stock to try on.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
i have an agv, i like the helmet a lot. it's a qr3. not as light as an arai, but good quality. shoei's are nice, but they don't seem any better than an agv, but way more $$$.

robert, i tried on a suomy. nice helmet for the $. problems--my nose hits the chin bar and my chin is lower than the chin bar. i've asked other people and they've had similar problems.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've got a Shoei RF800 that I've had since '98. Great lid. Nice graphics that match my bike and real comfortable. Decent venting, too.

Only thing I don't like is that the inside isn't removable to wash. Not sure if the new RF models have a removable inside or not?

·
Registered
463 Posts
I bought an Arai Signet, over the net, because I was convinced that I had an Arai head. I love it.

I do not love it enough, however, to pay $500 for it at my local bike shop, which I would have had to do if not for the internet.

P

·
0 Posts
Skull Cap

Just kidding. LOL.

I have a Shoei RF800. I have a Shoei, non-Arai, head. It is time for a new lid, though, and I'll be looking at the new Arai "Astral/Astro" series, hoping I find a good fit since I really like Arai's graphics over the Shoei's. You can't beat Shoei's shield removal system, though. I will also look at Nolan's new X-Lite line, as it is one cool looking helmet with a lot of features.

Robert, reinforcing what Tony said about the Suomy, you might have a hard time with your Shoei head. My chin stuck out the bottom, too.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Pete said:
Paul, I edited your poll to include FM and OGK, just in case.
LOL!

I have a helmet fetish!

Arai- RX7-RR
Shoei- RF800
OGK- FF3
FM- Force Ten (Ballerini)
FM- W10

My favorite helmet is the least expensive. The FM W10 is the most comfortable and best ventilated helmet I own. Also, the quick change faceshield on the FM's are very cool.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Arai RX7-RR4 (or something like that) The Harada graphics are awesome and the Arai just felt the most comfortable. I figured if there's one thing I DON'T want to skimp on it's a helmet!:D

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Robert if you want to try the Suomy, go to Helmet Harbor they are local and very cool people.

I wear a Shoei RF800 since I crashed out my Arai Quantum/f.

I prefer the Arai for weight reasons. I can definitely tell the difference above 100. So far as noise goes, I wear plugs or headphones so I wouldn't notice. When I wear plugs, I lose the sense of speed and that allows me to focus a lot better on the task at hand.

Next purchase? Arai Astro/j (or Astral whatever it's called)

Wear a helmet even if you are a blowhard idiot

:D :D

P

1 - 20 of 285 Posts