Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a dumb Ass pop a wheelie in between two cars which he ended up turning into a quick endo becuase someone switched lanes in front of him his bike ended up in the back seat if the car that cut him off and he got his leg ran over by one of the cars he popped a wheelie between.

That shit looked very very painful :crying: :crying: :crying:

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
i've seen riders do ALLOT of stupid things on the street.

i saw one rider actually harassing a group of Hells Angels up at bike week in NH once and they found his bike later on by the beach, strung it up and burnt it.

·
Registered
860 Posts
i worked with a guy who rode with a group of bikers who on one road trip all pitched in money to buy a brand new sportbike from a dealership i think at daytona....what they did after that was pure sin....they hung it froma huge tree.....lit a fire from uder it and partied and watched untill the rope got hot enought to break and send the bike in flames onto the bonfire :eek:
.a group of hardcore HD riders. other than the guy burning a sportbike, hes really a nice fellow.:

·
Registered
518 Posts
TRY to take off with the disc lock still on....dumping the bike...oh wait...that was me....DOH!:twofinger

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
RSVRick said:
TRY to take off with the disc lock still on....dumping the bike...oh wait...that was me....DOH!:twofinger
LOL...that must have sucked. :laughing:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Two….

I saw a guy ride a wheelie for almost a mile, but he seem to forget there was a railroad crossing ahead… A REALLY bumpy one…. At least there wasn’t a train coming!

I was sitting at an intersection and there was a guy on a bike two lanes over. He lift his helmet up to pick his nose!! This was funny enough but just as he finished digging, the light changed, and he took off… Helmet still sitting up on the very top of his head. He launched perfectly and the helmet flew off and into the windshield of the cage behind him… I had to pull over… I couldn’t drive, I was laughing so hard… I had to hear what he told the cops!!!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
monkey said:

i saw one rider actually harassing a group of Hells Angels up at bike week in NH once and they found his bike later on by the beach, strung it up and burnt it.
Yep: they're called Rice Burnings. Hell's Angels are famous for that. At Bike Week, they used to get a huge pile of sportbikes and make a massive bonfire.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:
Originally posted by monkey

Yep: they're called Rice Burnings. Hell's Angels are famous for that. At Bike Week, they used to get a huge pile of sportbikes and make a massive bonfire.

I am fairly a newbie to this riding thing and I gotta tell you !! I am a pretty good rider ,,, but I feel awfull naked out there sometimes on my bike especially in some of the nieghborhoods I ride through
:rolleyes: Thats why I never leave my gun at home especially when I ride. I plan on going down to Mirtle beach for bike week this year and I'll be riding with a bunch of state troopers and DC cops... but even then I have heard of allot of bikers getting jacked for their bikes !!!

My attitude is fuck dat :finger: :finger: they might get on my bike but they won't make it to the end of the block ... :2cents:

·
Registered
518 Posts
marvlover said:
Quote:

I am fairly a newbie to this riding thing and I gotta tell you !! I am a pretty good rider ,,, but I feel awfull naked out there sometimes on my bike especially in some of the nieghborhoods I ride through
:rolleyes: Thats why I never leave my gun at home especially when I ride. I plan on going down to Mirtle beach for bike week this year and I'll be riding with a bunch of state troopers and DC cops... but even then I have heard of allot of bikers getting jacked for their bikes !!!

My attitude is fuck dat :finger: :finger: they might get on my bike but they won't make it to the end of the block ... :2cents:
It would really ba a shame if you had an incident and shot yourself in the ass. I used to carry all the time, not anymore. Less paranoid I guess! I stay in a group of like minded riders (read: sportbike riding) and stay out of hard core Harley hangouts (unless I'm on a Harley...rented one in Daytona 2 years ago)

·
Registered
925 Posts
marvlover said:
Quote:

I bet that`d feel like warm apple pie on your hip sliding across the pavement.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I saw one guy bring it up in front of a cop then try to run only to get stoped a few streets down at a D.U.I check point! Last I heard he lost his bike.:crying:

·
Registered
325 Posts
I saw a guy do a burnout at a redlight next to a car full of girls, completely oblivious of the fact that there was a marked cruiser directly behind him. They let him smoke the tire for quite awhile before hitting the siren. He looked awfully bummed when he checked his mirrors.

I saw a guy attempt to brake on cold, wet, oily pavement and instantly dump his never-been-down-before ZX9R at about 40 MPH. Guy had 17 years of riding experience at the time. Looked remarkably like me. My gear saved my ass and I didn't get a scratch on me but I felt pretty stupid.

·
Some days are like this.
3,132 Posts
The stupidest thing I have ever seen a rider do on the street...

Well, there was this one time monkey... but I repeat myself.. :twofinger

Actually, living in CA, I saw a lot of dumb things.

There was the HD rider with the chromed skull-cap.. with a cell phone tucked into the strap.

Or the idiot on the 900RR in front of me that kept pulling onto one wheel while splitting traffic during rush hour.

Then there was the guy that rode a wheelie up the hill on Hwy 4 between Gun Point and Pittsburg, again during rush-hour traffic...

Here in IN, I see idiots every day (when it's warm), out on their GSXR 1000's, F4i's and assorted other bikes; in t-shirts and no helmets.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Last summer I saw this group of really young guys riding, no helmets, no leathers, just shorts, jeans, t-shirts, well 2 of the guys in the group are flying down the road standing on there seats, a few weeks later saw the same group again doing the same thing.... Hmmmm...:rolleyes: I wonder if I'm gonna see them this year??? Maybe... if they are still alive!

·
Registered
860 Posts
even though this has nothing to do with a m/c i wanted to post it

there was a truck pulling out witha trailer behind with a golf cart on the back the trailer....he turns out the street too fast the golf cart sails off and smacks right into an old womans brand new altima V6 dual exhaust sweet car......anyway her air bags deploy and she was messed up badly i think couple broken bones and soft tissue damage stitches etc.....its kinda funny but not really b/c someone was injured....i mean its not everyday you get smacked by a flying golf cart

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
spicerke said:
The stupidest thing I have ever seen a rider do on the street...

Well, there was this one time monkey...
And this one time, at band camp....

We've heard it before from the likes of you :twofinger

I have actually not seen anything stupendously stupid yet. Amazing, I know. Just lack of gear on stunters, that's all.

·
Registered
185 Posts
SquidStupid

Back in the eighties I rode with a Sunday morning group called the 'Backsliders'. We ran the twisties early in the morning - in the rain, snow or mud - weather conditions did not matter. We rode our rat bikes ( a second bike that you didn't worry about crashing), they were mostly KZ1000's....usually tricked out to make them as super as a superbike could be in the eighties.

We had been up in the mountains (or hills) of western Maryland most of the morning and decided to take a break so we rolled down to our favorite country store. When we arrived there were two squids sitting outside the entrance door on their squidbikes. They started revving up their motors the moment they saw us......well one squid forgot his bike was in gear and popped the clutch. The bike shot out from under him and crashed through the door into the store. The bike smashed into the huge deli case, missing everyone inside, and bounced back outside hitting the startled squid and knocking him out.

It was one of those rare moments in time you just had to see. Even today when I ride by the store I still laugh about it.

I laughed so damn hard I nearly pissed in my leathers. :D

·
Registered
627 Posts
I saw a friend of mine while riding his XL 250 get pissed @ the people in a vw that just cut him off and when they were stopped @ the light he stopped behind them, pulled a wheelie and dropped it on the back of the bug & busted their back window. He swears to this day it was an accident but it looked deliberate to me.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I didn't see it happen but it's prolly true:

This guy had too many beers at the bar. When he goes to leave he starts his KZ1000, puts the bike in gear, revs the motor to about 100,000 RPM and promptly launches his bike out of the parking lot. He forgot to sit down on the bike!

SQUID!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts