Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cruising along on the expressway in the left lane, doing about 75mph. In the middle lane is a tractor trailer about 10 car lengths ahead of me. He runs over the HOOD OF A CAR (not attached to the rest of the car, btw!) It flips up in the air and almost DECAPITATES me! Holy $hit! I swerve to the right, behind the truck as the hood comes down in the left lane, then I come back to the left lane when it was over. As I pass him, the trucker is gesturing and apologizing profusely. He must have seen the hood, but couldn't maneuver the truck in time, and then saw me in the rear view mirror! Its time to change the ole shorts...whew!

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
You're just having too much fun on bikes this week??:eek: :eek:

I guess I'd say giant tumbleweeds are some of the strangest things I've seen. Ride in Texas long enough and you'll see'em. The big ones are real fun, nothing like seeing a 4 foot tall bush dancing around in your lane unpredictably as the wind shifts.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
apexismaximus said:
You're just having too much fun on bikes this week??:eek: :eek:
no kidding, and its only tuesday!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would have to say a large trash bag. I was riding with my wife on the back when the car in front of me ran over a large trash bag. The bag flew up and hit my foot, inflated, and yanked it back so far my foot hit my wife’s helmet. I was lying on my tank, chin on the windscreen, foot in the air and drifting to the side of the road very fast. I am thinking my wife would figure out that I could not reach the bag, but to my amazement, she just looked at it as if it should just fly away by itself. Thankfully after some not so nice encouragement she removed the bag and we went on our way.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
Canadian goose. Never liked those damn things anyway. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
That would have to be the biggest Possum I've ever seen. I was on the XT 550 going out to the valley, and the damn thing was right in the middle of the lane. Those bikes don't swerve all that great, but it did that day!

Take it easy Rick! Be careful out there!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Inky said:

Take it easy Rick! Be careful out there!
Thanks for the concern, Inky. With 20 years riding, there isn't much that surprises me anymore. I always expect the unexpected...its second nature:D (my riding game: I'm invisible, and they all want to kill me!)

·
Registered
610 Posts
Trunk

Sunday was ridding with the buddies and he did a standup.. When he landed the fender eliminator fell off and everything came out of the trunk.. Dodged the screw driver that came flying and the Stainless steel peice that flew too.. Donno what else was in there but i was dodging about everything!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Re: Trunk

docta_freeze said:
Sunday was ridding with the buddies and he did a standup.. When he landed the fender eliminator fell off and everything came out of the trunk.. Dodged the screw driver that came flying and the Stainless steel peice that flew too.. Donno what else was in there but i was dodging about everything!
So, your answer would be ........squid! :squid: :squid: :D

·
Registered
925 Posts
I don`t have any strange close calls of hitting something, but I`ve almost been hit in the head with a chunk of rubber from a Semi`s tire, and a bird... I`ve watched someone give a LIVE ground hog the boot and it fly into the bushes as we were riding down the road, too, if that counts...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had an asphalt truck overturn right in front of me one time and had to truck it through about a foot of loose asphalt. Two years later I'm still finding little presents in all the nooks and crannies. Pucker factor was a 10/10 on that one.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
The strangest thing that I've almost hit was a midget wearing nothing but high heels, a batman cape, and a sombrero while he was doing cartwheels across the road.

Not something you see every day.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It may not be the strangest thing out there but it's will scare you if it happens to you. I was out on a little 2 lane highway behind 2 trackertrailers carring huge trees. So I really couldn't pass them at all. Then it just so happens that the one I was behind had a tire blow out. So I heard the loud pop and I was like what did he hit? Then there was a big cloud of dirt followed by tire chunks all over the road. I did my best to miss everything then when I went through the cloud all I could breath it was the burnt tire smell. None the less after it all passed I got out of there and took off. Luckly we just went through a light and we weren't going to fast yet just around 40 mph or so.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ninja250F18 said:
I hit a turkey with my 81 twinstar. Then had to get off and step on its neck to kill it. Damn bird
ditto that man, i was trying to make it home early last Sunday morning about 7:30 and met one in a blind curve. It tried to fly, i ducked and it rolled over the windscreen. Must have been ok, cause i went back but it ran and flew off again.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i was riding with my cousin when he decided to take off i took off
he was running about 140 when his side fairing blow,came right
down on the tail of my bike,check your nuts & bolts.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts